You are a Cloud Solutions Engineer with a proven track record creating and maintaining cloud infrastructure, solutions and having in-depth systems understanding. This job offers you a monthly salary of €4332 - €6189, depending on your knowledge and experience.
Your impact as Engineer
NN wants to be an industry leader, a great place for engineers, and be known for our customer engagement, talented people and contribution to society. The world around us may change, but what truly matters to people stays the same. We help people care for what matters most to them.
You will join a cross functional team that enables the Business Unit product teams to deliver their features to the NN applications and services. It supports a smooth developer experience and implementation of aspects like release management, configuration management, incident management, pipeline automation, test framework, performance monitoring etc. All dedicated to make it as easy as possible for product teams to create and run, maximizing ‘maker time’ and working towards best practices. Using your experience, you will guide Product teams so they can raise the bar.
The (Cloud) Center of Engineering at C&C develops and explains the guardrails and brings it all together. You are going to work with technologies and tools like Node.js, React-Native, Typescript, AWS, serverless, GraphQL, Splunk, Azure Devops CI/CD and more.
You are eager to learn new things and you share your knowledge and solutions enthusiastically and pro-actively with your colleagues and product teams. You are curious and you value feedback, for yourself and others, because you understand feedback helps all of us grow.
What you will do
You deliver the best results based on your own initiative and ambition:
- Engineer building blocks and best practice material to improve the heavy lifting by product teams on the complete DevOps lifecycle from infra, building, monitoring and operating a product.
- Automate solutions eliminating repetitive work, security and compliance work and drive these to common standards; especially concerning CI/CD pipelines.
- Technically improve the existing monitoring capabilities and improve incident management by our teams.
- Act as a DevOps advocate inside and outside the team; represent the broad C&C Engineering interest and directions.
- Improve maturity of C&C’s Engineering practices by coaching Business Unit engineers at tasks on cloud skills in order to enable the Product teams to become more efficient.
- Actively seek out collaboration and be an exemplary information sharing resource to your team, our engineering managers and business line engineers
Where do you work?
Your team is part of the Business Unit Customer & Commerce (C&C) within NN. C&C connects the Business Units of Nationale-Nederlanden with our joint customer. This means we take care of all generic systems, platforms, capabilities and service desks that are used within NN to service our customer. As an example, you can think of the digital client portals, the app, the chatbot-technology which is being further developed and used and the expertise like Research, UX Design and Data Science within the whole company. With this we realise the digital, personal and relevant service offering towards our customers.
Who you are
A Cloud Solutions Engineer with a proven track record creating and maintaining cloud infrastructure, solutions and having in-depth systems understanding. You have been part of larger (AWS) Cloud environments operationally and be able to work comfortably on any aspects of the devops lifecycle.
You can develop high quality infra code and have high quality engineering standards resulting in operational excellence improvements you can share. Your curiosity ensures you actively acquire new skills, new methods and processes to make our customers even happier. You have a passion for technology, continuous improvement, learning and you can push the team to reach our common goals. Furthermore, you have:
- At least 5 years of working experience in cloud engineering in a larger environment.
- Experience with serverless models, containers and container orchestration (Lambda, Stepfunctions, Docker/Kubernetes/ECS/Fargate etc.)
- Knowledge of DevOps lifecycle from infra, to building, to monitoring and operating a product.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with model system infrastructure in AWS (CloudFormation/CDK is nice to have).
- Security awareness experience at financial institutions is preferred.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- A passion for automating and implementing recurring tasks, testing and security in CI/CD systems.
- Knowledge of how to work in an Agile environment where collaboration and continuous improvements are the foundations.
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities, both in our Learning & Development Centre and as part of the dedicated project & programme manager curriculum
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
You are more than just a colleague and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select employee benefits that are important to you. For instance buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you have the option to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Salary between €4332 - €6189 depending on your knowledge and experience.
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%.
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day.
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary.
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometers traveled for business and commuting.
At NN we work hybrid. We combine working from home and working in the office. Teams can meet online or in person. You and your team agree on what suits you best. We have set up our offices in such a way that there is a suitable place for every type of work. The official location for this job is The Hague.
Will you be our new colleague?
We would like to invite you to come and have a cup of coffee or tea. Because we believe that your enthusiasm about this position will only increase during that conversation. So, what are you waiting for?
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via e-mail to Joost Stroes (Recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org