Do you have a passion for data and a strong grasp of data engineering paradigms? And do you bring engineering experience that will help innovate and improve how we build our solutions? Get moving and strengthen Nederlandse Loterij as a Senior Data Engineer.
Data is at the heart of everything we do. Our team processes large volumes of data using the latest techniques. This allows us, and also other teams such as marketing, sales and service, to make the right choices based on reliable information. That's what makes Nederlandse Loterij a data-driven organization.
Thanks to your efforts, the Data Engineering team can build a data platform to support the organization and enable the real-time identification of fraud, anti-money laundering and possible gambling addictions. In this way, you directly contribute to a happy, healthy and sporty Netherlands. As a Senior Data Engineer you score by:
- working on technical solutions that serve other engineering, data or business facing teams.
- code your infrastructure and automatically build, test and deploy your creations.
- provide support by writing documentation and tutorials as well as providing guidance to users with a variety of technical skills.
- partner with business facing team members and other technology solution delivery, architecture, and platform teams.
- develop and deliver high quality software solutions that solve specific business problems.
This is probably also something you'd like to know: the Data Management team consists of 4 teams. We have an open position for both the Caerus and the Delphi team.
Delphi team; is building a Big Data & AI platform for internal analytics users. Delphi uses Azure Databricks, Delta Live Tables, Python, and Dbt.
Caerus team; builds and maintains a complex real-time compliance data pipeline. Caerus uses a combination of technologies, including Azure Databricks, Kafka/Eventhubs, Azure Functions, CosmosDB, and Python.
The various people who work here like to be on the move, develop themselves on a personal and/or professional level, and strive for profit. That makes everyone within Nederlandse Loterij a top talent. Your talent is the sum of:
- an education, professional credentials, and/or demonstrable expertise in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in building data engineering solutions and experience in structured & unstructured data, data lakes, scheduling and orchestration.
- a strong proficiency in Python, Spark and data engineering paradigms and good knowledge of Cloud Computing, Containerization, CI/CD and DevOps.
- experience in SQL, NoSQL and database design.
Furthermore, for this vacancy, you have a demonstrable ability to solve complex data engineering problems and you have demonstrable skills in one or more technologies such as Kafka or Spark.
As a Senior Data Engineer we offer you:
- a salary between €5.000,- and €7.300,- gross a month, depending on your experience.
- a full-time position for 40 hours per week. You start with a one-year contract and have the prospect of a permanent position.
- a interesting bonus scheme.
- you can enjoy a healthy and varied lunch in our corporate restaurant for €3,-.
Our office in Rijswijk is effectively where you do your work, but you mainly work in a place that best suits what you do. See below for other terms and conditions of employment.