You love to work with business and IT on a daily basis, but that is obvious when you are reading this profile...😊 You have a long (architectural) background in the area of Cloud & Infrastructure. AWS, Azure, VMware, Microservices, containerization, virtualization, serverless, etc. don't have any secrets for you anymore.
You are analytical and able to structure information. Having overview comes naturally to you. You aim to find better ways and challenge the status quo. You dare to do things differently. At the same time you create togetherness in your relationships and build on each other's strengths.
In your communication with others you are honest and straightforward. You have an inspiring way of working and can get people on board with your vision for the Cloud & Infrastructure Architecture within a modern IT landscape which spans on-prem and multiple public clouds. You can easily switch between strategic, tactical and operational thinking. You are not afraid to speak out, and we challenge you to express your vision, creativity and to inspire.
The Cloud & Infrastructure Architect at T- Mobile defines and designs the IT technology roadmap regarding Cloud & Infrastructure. You define implementation strategies, architectural blueprints and solutions. You are expected to drive the technology agenda in an agile context, which requires both a high level of technical specialization as well as project management skills.
The Cloud and Infrastructure Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of IT Cloud Strategy, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on our hybrid cloud. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery.
To set the scene, you will be working in the dynamic world of Telecom in which we constantly move forward to serve our business with the best IT/technology solutions in the most optimal way in a context in which change is the only constant.
To further mature in the area of Cloud and Infrastructure and to provide guidance to the rest of the organization we need to step-up. We very recently launched our Cloud Management Board, but that is not enough to execute on our Cloud strategy together with the other teams within our IT organization. A formal and solid Cloud and Infrastructure architecture is key to have everybody adhere to it and to govern that in line with our Enterprise Architecture. You will lead T-Mobile's Cloud Management Board to drive T-Mobile's Cloud journey and further transformation.
- Further develop and drive our IT Cloud strategy in all its facets
- Leading cultural change for further cloud adoption and transformation
- Leading the Cloud Management Board in development and coordination of a cloud architecture including establishment of best practices for cloud across the company
- Optimize our current Cloud & Infrastructure landscape to be best-in-class
- Secure our long term Technology strategy, support the short term initiative/project to get there
- Advise, support and approve on project proposals to ensure they are in line with our Architecture
- Align and work together with the Domain and Enterprise architects within IT and Technology
- Guide and support the (solution) architects, Product owner and experts in our Cloud & Infrastructure team and with their support develop the Cloud & Infrastructure Architecture roadmap and drive it.
- Alignment with other architects across technology.
- Support /advise management in hygiene task like audit and assessment
- Support and guide software developers, system administrators, and project managers on performance, availability and security of software applications from an IT infrastructure Point of View
- Primary contact for IT Infrastructure/Cloud for the bigger project of tactical or strategic importance
In more details we see your activities split across:
Cloud Architecture and Design and Development (50%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS, Azure and our on-prem landscape, networking, provisioning, and management
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on TMNL application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
Thought Leadership (20%)
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and colleagues on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct product work reviews with team members
In your position you will be reporting to Dennis, our manager Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions within IT. But because of your role and importance for the whole of Technology your working domain is across Technology with a strong link to the colleagues from Enterprise Architecture, Development teams, Business Analysts and domain architects. You will be involved in new developments to provide architectural leadership and best practices on Cloud & infrastructure. The team is distributed across our location in Diemen and our HQ in The Hague, which will be your formal place of work.
The Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions team is around 25 people in size and are responsible for the delivery and management of Infrastructure towards our IT and NT customers within the T-Mobile Technology organization.Wat breng je mee?
In order to be successful in this exciting job we expect around 10 years of experience in the cloud and infrastructure domain. You have built your experience on the ground and have grown into the direction of Architecture and/or solution design so you know what it is all about.
- Bachelor or Master's degree with 10 or more years of experience in technical/sciences area, preferably in Computer Science or with a strong emphasis on IT;
- In addition, 10 years' experience in the domain of Infrastructure in large and complex IT operations in large organizations. Industry is not relevant, of course we prefer Telco, but is not mandatory.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills to set and drive our roadmap.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in infrastructure delivery, design and operations. You understand the full life-cycle of Infrastructure, from business requirements to functional design, technical design, building, testing, operational hand-over, operational maintenance and support to final phase-out;
- (Hands-on) experience with Cloud services, deployments and associated technologies with at least one of the major Public Cloud providers (MS, Amazon or Google)
- You understand datacenters, servers, networks, storage, virtualization, operating systems and supporting structures like DNS, AD, etc.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
- In the area of software development you understand, DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and various software architectures like microservices
- You are experienced in the creation of architecture & (solution) designs and know how to describe those for use within the organization. You can explain and convince various groups based on a clear vision.
- You can make complex problems/challenges simple by excellent visualization and clear explanations
- Experience with Agile Scrum, SAFe or other agile methodologies and frameworks;
What we think is also important
- You are open, energetic and have e natural drive to improve and innovate
- You connect and can bring people from various domains together.
- Quality is important for you, but you are also pragmatic
- You like to be challenged and like to challenge the current situation and colleagues
- You know your game and domain. Your plans, ideas and vision are realistic and based on knowledge.
- Due to your knowledge, expertise and capabilities to explain complex matters you are respected and trusted.
- A strong leader and easy communicator
- Good at solving problems and thinking creatively.
- Always interested in new technologies and what it can bring to our business.
- Together and showing ownership is very important for you. You bring things home!
There are lots of opportunities within T-Mobile, but you have to take the initiative. Be enthusiastic! Is something missing or could something be better? Go ahead, do it differently.
After a first digital introduction with one of our recruiters, you will have an interview with the hiring manager. Still enthusiastic? Then there will be a 2nd interview! If you, and we, are even more enthusiastic after that, you will receive an offer and you can join Team Magenta!
Besides about 2000 enthusiastic colleagues, we also offer the following:
- Excellent salary
- Variable bonus plan
- Pension plan
- Personal learning budget
- T-Mobile subscription plan
- Freedom to work, from home and in the office
For us, learning is just as normal as telephoning. You are responsible for your own development and you decide how, what and when you learn. We support you in this! Go to www.campus.t-mobile.nl for more information.
How do we do this?
You are in the lead, so we don't do old-fashioned performance interviews and assessments. You ensure that your manager and colleagues are aware of your goals and development. We call that Great Conversations, more information about this you can find on https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl/home/great-conversations/.
Are you as excited about us, as we are about this role? Great, then we're sure to be a good match! Applying for a job with us is very easy. Send your CV and motivation, using the application button and you will receive a call from one of our recruiters. If you're still not convinced, perhaps an introduction to our CEO https://t-mobile-hq.arbeidsmarktexperience.nl/ will help!