You and your job
You are the person responsible keeping Rabobank and its services to customers secure. As a security advisor you make the difference by applying your in-depth knowledge of the latest threats and ensure the Rabobank has the necessary level of protection in place. At the end of each day you can look back at the good work you performed in cooperation Business departments, IT departments, Senior management and IT Engineers to protect against tomorrow’s threats.
Facts & Figures
- 36 hours per week
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
- You are a driven and pragmatic professional with a wide variety of interests quickly able to understand a wide variety of business processes and translate your deep technical knowledge and experience in (IT) security into adequate protection measures
- You will have oversight on the different business domains of Rabobank and related IT-systems that support these domains. These systems can be hosted internally and externally, increasingly more cloud services are used and fintech companies are involved
- You will advise business on specific security risks they are running translated to business terms in crisp and clear language
- You will inform business and management on the security risk profile
- You are flexible in terms of working hours, because of our global presence your colleagues are working in different time zones and threats often present themselves at unexpected moments
The team is in transition to a new structure. We expect your active participation and play an important role in the way the Center of Expertise Security will develop within the organization.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So, we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at the Center of Expertise Security.
“No day is really the same within security, primary focus is designing secure solutions and advising business and IT on implementing secure systems. These systems are within our own data centers, next to cloud services we are using or in collaboration with partners. Focus is not just on the Netherlands; a global focus is really required. Cybercrime is on-going 24/7 worldwide; our task is to keep the bank safe in the first place.“
Sander Reerink, Manager
The 17 people in the Center of Expertise Security bring talented people together to protect the Rabobank. Working together is the way we work; as 1 effective team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,500,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
Customer focus, critical thinking, clear communication (Dutch and/or excellent English), interpersonal skills are clearly essential for the role of security advisor. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Master, in a technical field preferred in IT/Security
- Certifications/training such as IT Audit, (ISC)2 CISSP, ISACA CISM
- 5+ year working experience in an IT function
- 3+ working experience in an IT security function
- You have a strong personal integrity and know how to work with classified information within the bank, but also in trusted communities
This is what we offer you
- a gross monthly salary between €3.807,44 and €5.437,98 (scale 9)
- Thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance
- an extra budget of 11% of your gross salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
- a personal development budget of € 1,400-
- a combination of working from home and at the office, Rabo@Anywhere
- A pension scheme to which you contribute 3.5%
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Security Advisor based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Michiel Monchen, Teamlead CoE Security Advisor via Michiel.Monchen@rabobank.nl
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Jackelien Roelofs, IT recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on Frequently asked questions - Careers at Rabobank
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.