PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Together with the ICT support team, the Senior System Manager is responsible for the continuity and the future development of the ICT infrastructure. In this role, the Senior System Manager is providing system management, controls the environment and works out future plans and implements them to support Cygnific. The Senior System Manager delivers second and third line ICT support to ICT colleagues and other departments.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Operations system management
Take ownership the of the ICT back office systems related to hard- and software. Actively propose changes to our current ICT infrastructure which support Cygnific’s future vision. Coach and mentor System Managers in their daily work.
- Install, maintain and trouble-shoot a wide variety of ICT hardware.
- Install, maintain and support business users running a wide variety of ICT Software and Operating Systems and back office products.
- Implement, test and maintain fallback scenarios.
- Implement, test and maintain back-up procedures.
- Create, implement and maintain procedures on the whole ICT backoffice infrastructure including virtualization technology.
- Work with internal customers providing hands-on technical support:
- Responsible for setting up management procedures and documentation.
- Capacity management & Configuration management.
- Pro-actively monitor trends in performance of operational components and systems.
- Actively propose changes to our current ICT infrastructure which support Cygnific’s future vision.
- Maintain, plan and execute the roadmap of hard and software solutions available in Cygnific’s ICT infrastructure.
- Keep all systems’ hard- and software up-to-date and in line with the lifecycle of our suppliers.
Advises IT Manager with business cases in case new investments are needed.
- Deliver support to colleagues and other departments.
- Deliver 2nd and 3rd line support on troubleshooting incidents.
- If necessary, participate as a project member in ICT related projects.
3. Continuous improvement
- Signal and take action upon malfunctions in processes and procedures and propose improvements.
- Analyse the malfunction in process or procedure and determine the cause.
- Propose improvements in processes and procedures for efficiency.
- Make sure changes and improvements are communicated to all parties involved.
- Safeguard changes and improvements are embedded in business as usual.
- Follow developments in own area of expertise and look for ways how to implement in own processes, procedures and/or policies.
- Participate in a constructive manner in improvement sessions/activities/projects.
- Polytechnic think and work level (HBO).
- 5 years of experience in working as a System Manager.
- Understanding of working on an ICT department in a commercial and service oriented 24/7 environment.
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in VMWare, vSphere, ESXi, storage management (SAN), HP blade infrastructure and Windows management (preferably Microsoft certified).
- Knowledge and experience with Azure, Microsoft365, Intune.
- Great scripting and powershell skills (VB script).
- A good working knowledge of current (commodity) ICT applications and systems.