Are you a Fashion Product Developer with international experience? Do you have extensive knowledge of the entire product development process, as well as technical construction and execution on the product? Do you have exprience with costing and vendor relations? A major international fashion brand with its European Headquarters in Amsterdam is looking for a Product Developer. The deadline to apply is approaching soon, so we do urge you to apply immediately.
Position Description and responsibilities:
The role of the Product Developer is to manage the Product Development process for Accessories from creative concept to the pre-production stage. S/he manages and drives the development and pre-production process with all relevant parties involved (Design, Merchandising, Sales, Product Development), in order to achieve commercial product execution, align with corporate goals, the calendar and financial key performance. With an extensive knowledge of the entire product development process, as well as technical construction and execution on the product, costing and vendor relations, the Product Developer is the key supporting figure and link throughout the entire development process from SRF (sketch request form) into SMS (Salesmen Samples) with everyone involved.
- Liaise with Design for initial sourcing initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips) during Global Creative Research, with the objective to foster innovation and to ensure competitive price points;
- Collaborate with textile agents and mills to identify new fabric and trim- trends and ensure mills are briefed on new development requests;
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product;
- Responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and advising on possible improvements of product and margins, and signing off (pre-production) samples;
- Collaborate with merchandising to set target FOB prices with the objective to achieve margins;
- Negotiate FOB prices with Direct Vendors and Buying Office throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities;
- Review and monitor bulk orders with Buying & Planning to ensure timeliness of style bookings for bulk delivery and advise on pre-booking of raw materials;
- Send vendor requests for protos and SMS to vendors, elaborate on requests during handover (on site) using technical packs, sketches, and measurement charts, assist / monitor vendors during production, and manage escalation of issues during (bulk) production;
- Responsible for production process follow up by tracking WIP chart, and act on any production issue with the objective to ensure quality and timeliness of the product, and inform buying & planning on reasons of delay where necessary;
- Involved in risk assessment and assignment of care labels, collaborating with Central Quality Assurance regarding any quality issues;
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in PLM (e.g. BOM, prices), by continuously updating the system;
- Provide analyses and reporting on KPIs related to product development (e.g. margins, vendor performance, season evaluation).
- Education: higher education in textile education;
- 1 – 2 years working experience in product development;
- International experience;
- Good organization skills: priority setting, deliver reports (under pressure);
- Strong analytical skills, eye for detail;
- Self-driven, pragmatic and business mind set;
- Good communication skills: team player, interdepartmental collaboration, stakeholder management;
- Business fluency in English (written & verbal);
- Possesses a work permit for the European Community.
What you can expect from our client:
An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality;
A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus;
Depending on the role a monthly Covid home - office budget;
A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.