Warehouse Associate (Picker) for Gorillas in Amsterdam
What are you going to do:
Hi. We are Gorillas. We do on-demand grocery delivery in minutes. Since our initial launch in May 2020 we have built over 200 warehouses and expanded to more than 60 cities across 9 countries. Today our diverse crew of 12,000 employees are spreading change in the communities we serve. True to our need for speed, in March 2021 we became Europe’s fastest-ever unicorn company. And with $1.3B total funding raised to date, we’re just getting started.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the accuracy of pick and packing the orders sent to our customers
- You will ensure picking readiness at all times
- You will assist the supervisor with operations as necessary
- You will make sure of the cleanliness and readiness of the warehouse for operations
- You will receive products from our suppliers and ensure the quality and physical count matches the purchase
- You will store products to their inventory locations while making sure of the inventory accuracy
- You will be supporting incoming shipments and inventory management before opening of the store when needed
- When needed, you will deliver groceries on a bike from our warehouse to a customer in our delivery radius
What we offer:
- Steep learning curve from day one
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of: we are growing fast, which means that the opportunities at Gorillas are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- Transparent company culture with flat hierarchies & a potential long-term engagement.
What we ask:
- Previous experience not required - but preferred
- Strong hands-on mentality and are very detailed oriented
- Familiar with the grocery retail space
- Good communication skills and a good proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- You are friendly, open-minded, enjoy talking to people and you have a positive can-do attitude
- You know your way around Amsterdam
- You enjoy riding bikes
- You are friendly, open-minded, enjoy talking to people and you have a positive can-do attitude (repetition)
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
+19 - €12 per hour (inc. holiday allowance)
18 - €8,30 per hour (inc. holiday allowance)