Our new rooftop bar & terrace LuminAir will be an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space: The outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice. LuminAir is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, exclusively tailored drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu will consist of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the Eclipse menu - for (semi) private events from 30 till 300 guests - will consist of modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Are you passionate about great food and beverage?
- Do you know what it takes to inspire your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences every time?
- As a team leader, are you supportive and inclusive?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
As Assistant Manager of LuminAir you will:
1. Excellent Guest Experiences
- Assist the LuminAir General Manager to manage daily operations and service delivery efficiently, following agreed service sequences.
- Make sure your team delivers exceptional guest experiences ensuring each guest receives a friendly welcome, tables are set-up and available when reserved, and well-presented food and drinks are delivered promptly and accurately.
- Develop great customer relationships, recognizing long staying guests and their preferences to improve loyalty.
- Train your team to provide personalized customer service and recommendations, and contribute to achieving revenue targets through effective upselling.
- Make sure that food allergies, dietary requirements and customer modifications are treated with absolute seriousness.
- Carry out customer satisfaction checks, taking quick action to improve service and resolve complaints, supporting your team where needed.
2. Great Working Environment
- Support, train and develop your team, creating an inclusive environment where all Team Members can thrive.
- Deliver informative and motivational shift briefings, sharing helpful updates and feedback.
- Assign daily work, making sure that each Team Member is aware of their responsibilities, and supervising performance during the shift.
3. Day-To-Day Essentials
- Make sure you and your team strictly comply with all regulations and standards, including health, safety and hygiene, and that potentially hazardous situations are identified, reported and corrected.
- Make sure that all transactions are recorded in the POS system accurately at the time of order that billing is accurate and that cash handling complies with hotel guidelines.
- Assist the LuminAir General Manager with restaurant opening and closing procedures, including financial reports and reconciliations.
- Assist with restaurant inventory, stock control and purchasing, following hotel guidelines.
- Keep up to date with what's happening in Food and Beverage industry - current and future trends, markets, ingredients, competitors and suppliers - to drive innovation.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about food and beverage, with at least 2 years' experience in a similar role in the well-known high volume restaurant or bar. Managerial experience in Rooftop or Lounge would be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Good people management skills, experienced in managing, training and motivating a team and working effectively with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills to create connections with diverse customers and share information clearly.
- Customer focus, maintaining the highest standards of service and quality to create memorable experiences.
- Great teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Assistant Manager LuminAir means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €170 per month
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease a VanMoof e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
- A newly renovated bar and terrace with 360° views over Amsterdam
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is full-time and will require working weekend and/or evening shifts. Position requirements also include being able to walk and stand for hours. Ideal start date would be middle of April / beginning of May.