Our new rooftop bar & terrace LuminAir will be an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space. The outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice. LuminAir (is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, exclusively tailored drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu will consist of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the Eclipse menu - for (semi) private events from 30 till 300 guests - will consist of modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Are you creative and an "out of the box" thinker?
- Do you want to serve the best cocktail menu in town together with an international bar team?
- Are you a supportive and inclusive team member?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love to show new ideas?
If so, the Bar Production Chef of LuminAir role is tailor-made for you
As Bar Production Chef LuminAir, you will:
1. Excellent Food & Beverage
- Partner with the Food & Beverage team to create attractive Beverage concepts and menus that drive revenue and profit.
- Ensure the mise-en-place is always sufficient for the daily operation of the bar
- Deliver high-quality, well-presented garnishes, infusions, re-distillations, syrups to meet Guests' needs- and Instagram feeds!
- Come up with new mixology concepts and implement the new time and cost effective methods.
2. Great Working Environment
- Work with the rest of the team to make sure operations run smoothly, contributing to a supportive, inclusive and motivational working environment for all the Team members.
3. Day-To-Day Essentials
- Prepare the mise-en-place for all relevant cocktails and beverages in the menus and work in the daily operations of the BarLab.
- Maintain the bar cleanliness and proper handling of the equipment.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Make sure bar operations strictly comply with all regulations (including health, safety and hygiene, licensing).
- Keep up to date with last trends in Beverage and Mixology scene - current and future trends, markets, ingredients, competitors and suppliers - to drive innovation and initiate new creations.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
We're looking for an inspirational Chef de Partie/ Mixologist who is passionate about cocktails and creativity, with at least 1 year experience as Bartender. Knowledge of the current cocktail trends, latest bar operating equipment would be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- The ambition to deliver the best drinks menu in Amsterdam
- High attention to detail, to get preparation of mise-en-place right every time
- Excellent communication skills to create connections with diverse team members, customers and share information clearly.
- Customer focus, maintaining the highest standards of authentic service to create memorable guest experiences every time.
- Great teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
- Creativity, planning and problem-solving skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Bar Production Chef of LuminAir means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €170 per month
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease a VanMoof e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is full-time. The role will require working weekends, however mainly daytime shifts. Ideal start date would be April / beginning of May.