Logistics Specialist - Utrecht Area - Temporary
Dit kan al binnen 1 minuut
Temporary role (approx. 4 months). Candidates must be able to start immediately.
Our dynamic client who are an international non-profit organisation in the Public Health industry, are looking for a proactive temporary Logistics Specialist to support their current Project for approximately 4 months.
The Logistics Specialist will serve as the global logistics expert for a portfolio of assigned countries and for various countries of delivery. The Specialist is responsible for working within the import/export documentation requirements and managing the smooth shipment and delivery of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The Specialist is expected to ensure compliance with client requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in in cases of irregularities.
The Logistics Specialist will handle daily Third-Party Logistics (3PLs) operations and handles management of goods readiness through last mile/in-country delivery. Coordinating closely with 3PLs, the Specialist is expected to support the troubleshooting of transport and delivery issues. The Specialist is expected to provide regular status updates on shipments and address questions, concerns, and/or change requests that the client may have.
- Timely logistics execution of international transport of goods into the specific countries (export, shipping lanes etc.), the importation and clearance, and in-country delivery of goods for all categories of products.
- Manage shipment process, including reviewing shipping document, creating advanced shipping notifications, issuing pick-up and delivery instructions, shipment monitoring and proof of delivery.
- Proactively monitor vendor performance to ensure necessary export documents are received timely and orders are delivered on time.
- Proactively identify shipment delay/issues and resolve issues.
- Identify consolidation opportunities within a particular order and/or across countries.
- Troubleshooting of transport/delivery challenges and implement corrective actions needed.
- Advise vendors on documents required for the importation of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in countries of destination.
Client Relationship Management:
- Provide proactive customer service while acting as primary point of contact for logistics to principal recipients, client, 3PLs, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- On-board 3PLs on importation requirements for portfolio countries and review importation process and communications expectations.
- Handle all shipment-related incidents; log incidents into the Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain client database with the most up-to-date information for each of the assigned portfolio countries
- Work closely with 4PL Services and the client to monitor waiver lead time, updating matrix as necessary. Additionally, communicating key changes in waiver lead time and/or process in country to Logistics Manager for proper escalation.
- Maintain system-related changes required on planned shipment costs, milestones, and confirmation of delivery in coordination with the 3PLs throughout the shipment management process.
- Maintain and update ERP system at the order and shipment levels, to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Adhere to established logistics policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure principal recipients are able to track orders using visibility platform and deliver training as necessary.
- Provide inputs into final invoicing documentation and approval processes.
- Ensure that country shipping instructions are updated periodically, sharing updates with Sourcing and Client Services Units and vendors as needed.
- Seek and identify opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Document and share all relevant information concerning logistics knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics, transportation, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+years of supply Chain operations, transport or logistics required.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience in the international, public health sector is preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably advanced user level of Excel.
32. 40 hours per week
logistics, purchasing, customer service, account management, B2B, community management, e-commerce
Wat wij bieden