What you’ll do
As Head of Analysis within Asset Back Trading you will develop yourself but also steer your team to derive to the most effective trading models and contribute to our international commodity trading desks with creativity, passion and desire to exceed in what you do. You will be responsible for maximizing the trading result of Eneco on power and gas markets. With a fast feedback cycle from market results you will continuously find ways to improve the team's performance. You'll will work close with senior traders providing them decision support tools but also supporting them in developing trading algorithms who will encourage you to retrieve the required data and deploying the models you developed with your team.
The Trade Analysis team consists of 6 analysts with various in terms of education backgrounds (econometrics, physics and meteorology) and nationalities.Is this about you?
You have experienced different learning curves and know how to adapt quickly and make use of new situations. You have the guts to make decisions, you have a positive attitude and drive for change and execution.
You also bring:
- Eneco Energy Trade is a very dynamic environment. Targets change frequently based on market or business opportunities. We need you to be flexible and focused at the same time;
- Pro-activeness; Initiating improvements and your drive to get things done is key;
- Your approach is analytical but also hands-on and pragmatic;
- You have a MSc and minimal 5 years of working experience preferably in the energy sector;
- We work in a team of analysts and cooperate intensively with other departments. So good communication is crucial;
- Programming/modelling skills.
In a rapidly changing energy landscape, you and your team will shape the energy transition. A tough job, with challenging but achievable targets. We reward you for this with our good and modern terms of employment, some of which you can put together yourself.You’ll be responsible for
- Leading the team of trading and market analysts within Asset Backed Trading and prioritize, coordinate and facilitate the work of the team to provide insight into market data developments and trading strategies which you will get a bonus over depending on results and performance;
- Analyse results and develop strategies to leverage from available data and optimize the results
- Develop decision support tooling and data science modelling
- Managing daily Profit& Loss reporting and reconciliation of the trade flows; transmission capacity, cross commodity, and provide results into management reports
- Communicate ABT market vision to higher management and internal organization
- Developing long-term business development strategies in close cooperation with traders
- Design and implement trading propositions generating value
At Eneco Energy Trade, some 150 colleagues work at the heart of the organization. This is where the supply and demand of energy converge. Where we bundle our own and external energy flows and ensure that there is enough energy to meet demand. The international team consists of several divisions: Sourcing & Pricing, Trading, Portfolio Optimization, Structuring & Organization, Business Development, Energy Operations & IT Management.
As Head of Trade Analysis, you will work within the Asset Backed Trading Team for Eneco Energy Trade, Eneco's international trading division. A complex, dynamic environment where ever-moving markets, ever-changing positions, new technologies, and the law of inhibiting head start create a challenging field of tension.
With a legendary summer and winter event, an annual ski trip with plenty of après-ski, monthly escaperooms, karaoke sessions and spontaneous get-togethers, you really become part of the family.
Choose when to work in our bright and modern office in Rotterdam-Alexandrium, a two-minute walk from the metro and train station. Or if you prefer to work at home.