ViaEurope means smart Web-Apps & APIs combined with real warehouses, clearing thousands of parcels each day - bringing products from all over the world to Europe!
ViaEurope is seeking an e-commerce/Logistics Planner to accompany our operational growth. At ViaEurope, we truly believe that logistics planners are the master strategists of the shipping world. They are key to any successful logistic enterprise as they thrive on problem-solving and strategic thinking. We already have logistics experts in-house and for our growing operations, we are looking for another master of planning to join us. As a company that has reinvented the world of logistics using technology and onboarding AI solutions, we have great pride in our IT team and the sophisticated platform they have developed that support us in our daily planning work.
What a working day looks like?
Our planning operations are being done for our eHUB in four locations: Amsterdam, Liegeh, Budapest, and soon Frankfurt. Trucks arrive at our eHUBS from airports, ports, freight train stations, and even by road as we now have daily trucks coming directly from China. All containers in our eHUBs are automatically processed by our teams and all the groundwork and dispatch are also completed using our automated infrastructures.
There's no boring moment in our team; your day involves a combination of data analysis, communication, problem-solving, and collaboration to streamline operations and meet our clients' demands efficiently.
Organizing, planning, and prioritizing all shipments while making sure the e-HUBs' teams involved receive the right information to work efficiently
Processing all sorts of parameters and information and providing corrective action suggestions
Analyzing the data to make the planning more predictable
Maintaining KPI reports on the transit times and on margins
Organizing, administering, and delivering the planning data and instructions to the eHUBS
Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with the teams on the ground by developing a good and cooperative attitude
High professional education (HBO) in business administration and/or logistics
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience in logistics (experience with air freight and/or truck planning is desirable)
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple people, processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines, organizational goals and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a fast-paced international working environment
- Strong technical aptitude and affinity with technology
- Great skills in analytical thinking, flexibility, sense of initiative, results-driven mindset and accountability
- Strong teamwork orientation - we work as a team and plan our work together
- Fluent in Dutch and English (French is desirable)
Work hours: Our eHUBs operate from 07:00 to 22:00 including weekends (Sat-Sun)
- Your work involves weekends (every second week)
- whereas it is a full-time job, 40 hours per week, your flexibility is required to manage the hours while ensuring the job needs to be done
Hybrid: we work 1-2 days a week onsite together
We believe that concise and effective written and verbal communication affects the quality of our work and defines a successful team. Also, one of ViaEurope's core values is to develop ourselves. Your education or background is less important to us than your ability to take on a task and get it from concept to production. ViaEurope boasts an education budget for conferences and online learning materials, so don't question yourself too much, we got your back!
- Start-up mindset that has a casual work environment and dress code
- We believe that technology drives our business
- Our team includes a diverse cultural background, currently spread through 7 time zones
- We care for work-life balance
- Involvement: ability to participate in meetings, team building events, celebrations, and much more
- Self-empowerment: we believe in people and therefore give space for own initiatives and self-development