Ideate, create and implement the future of design for Backbase, our clients and the 100s of millions of our end users.
The banking domain is changing rapidly and Backbase is at the forefront of that change. We are truly a global company with offices on 5 of the 7 continents around the world and celebrate diversity in every sense of the word. As a Principal UX Designer, you’ll strategise and implement the changes needed to create scalable design architecture and for that, you’ll need:
- 10+ years of end-to-end product design experience: from discovery to delivery phase.
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager, coaching and you also have the ability to mentor other designers to deliver work and make strategy come to life.
- Experience of creating hypotheses and validating them through research and user testing & experience working with UX Researchers.
- A track record of working collaboratively across agile, cross functional teams that include product, engineering, and research.
- Hands on experience working with design systems on different platforms web and mobile.
- Strategic and critical thinking in tandem with mental flexibility and openness.
- Very strong communication to clearly articulate the value of design within the Retail Banking Value Stream.
- The ability to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources.
- An online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working with financial & banking products.
- Prior experience working with B2B2C products.
As we grow in number of Backbasers, clients and end users, you’ll bridge the challenges of users, technology and business with the user experiences you design and implement on an international scale. As our Principal UX Designer, you’ll: Lead the overall experience across Retail Banking and Wealth Management experiences. You'll set the vision for the user experience and create the space for other designers to collaborate within Retail Banking.
Be part of the Product Leadership working closely with Product Managers, Product Owners, Engineering Managers & Scrum Masters.
Support the UX Researchers in planning, prioritizing, observing, analyzing, and communicating research to stakeholders, and turning the output into actions that can improve the UX of the product.
Partner closely with other Principal Designers across Backbase RnD to align on shared topics across different value/product streams such as, Design System, Patterns and Guidelines.
Work closely with other designers within the organisation to get customers feedback and understand how the product is used by our customers globally in different markets.
Manage and coach a team of 5 designers in Amsterdam and provide them support to grow and develop within their own squads.