Are you ready for a challenge in our cross border consumer loans team?
Our mission at Consumer Loans is to make lending easy and to keep pace with the market by providing the best for our customers. We work cross-border right now with an outreach and a mission to serve our customers from NL and BE.
Innovation and fun are our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of the best and the latest trends in business and technology to deliver the most innovative lending solutions in the market.
You work within a Full stack, FE & backend stream aligned team to develop a Robust, Scalable and Adaptive consumer lending environment to excel in commercial growth! You also have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and enhancing an application. You will be working with a team who believes in giving the best services to make credit decisioning seamless and instant.
The team is stream aligned and autonomous and responsible for designing, building and developing services which requires you to contribute on overall solutions including front end.
Performance, security and resilience are of utmost importance, as we will be serving a high number of customers with maximum availability. Most of our user interface & channels are responsive and work on different OS. We are looking for someone who is proficient in the aforementioned areas.
Fundamental understanding and experience with Java , Spring/Springboot framework and front end framework is needed along with web components development experience. Your job also requires having have strong knowledge and experience in java for building and maintaining a back-end APIs/microservices. And it’s great if you have some experience with Sprint, Spring boot, REST or webservices.
The application must be quality controlled by fully automated tests and must be performance tested for which you will also be responsible. We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process and release working software regularly to production.
You'll join a fun team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from developers to customer journey experts united in our mission to build Consumer Loans, work hard, and celebrate our successes. The team operates in a unique space – building an application for cross border loans application which not only serves cross border customers, but also plays a key role in Credit Decisions and Instant Lending. This is the gateway team for many product tribes in the whole of ING.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a relevant field
- 4-5 years of software engineering experience with having a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Back End development, preferably in creating highly scalable, secure and high-performance applications
- Already living in The Netherlands
- Extensive experience of working with Java with one of the Spring/Spring boot frameworks
- Good knowledge of front end frameworks and working experience in developing Web components using one or more frameworks of Angular 8 +, ReactJS, Polymer or Lit-HTML/Lit-Element
- Setup your own pipeline configuration if custom work is necessary (for example: add ons like gatling script, triggered from a pipeline)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and how to securely expose rest services from an environment.
- Knowledge of test driven development & test automation - Define test strategy and implement available tooling for it
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services, microservice architecture.
- Familiar with continuous integration tools such as: GIT, Azure, Yarn, NPM and Bower (and are able to configure these tools)
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is preferrable
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.