POGS Kids Only Headphones
POGS kids only headphones
POGS Kids only headphones
POGS was founded in 2018 with our kids headphones hitting the market in February 2019. Our intention is to provide kids with high quality, safe, and durable headphones that have a reduced environmental impact. While we aim to grow our business internationally, we equally aim to reduce our footprint for which next steps are being implemented. 10% of profits go to nature restoration, we only use non-toxic and as much as possible recycled material. We minimize scrap material and recycle any waste from production and don't use any single use plastics.
While our products have been sold in over 50 countries, our core markets are Germany, UK, Netherlands , France, Belgium and the USA. We only sell online direct to consumer, using our own localized Shopify domains and established marketplaces such as Amazon. This enables us to offer highly spec'd products at affordable premium pricing, while reserving significant budgets for marketing activation.
Our growth continues at double & triple digit rates with a positive bottom line. With so far over 100.000 kids enjoying POGS, we aim to continue to grow strongly and become a strong global player in kids heaphones, a market estimated at $250+M globally.
Using the experience of over 40 years in marketing and developing great consumer products, we have built a carefully curated network of specialists who together are enabling the fast growth of POGS. This keeps us flexible to tackle the evolving opportunities we see and challenges we face. Our culture is down to earth, open, ambitious and explorative. We're not about having a big offices or fancy titles; we focus on bringing the right skills together to develop the business dynamically.
We have three key growth drivers:
- Market penetration in our current focus markets;
- Portfolio expansion: new products and accessories are in development for launch 2023;
- Controlled channel & geographic expansion.
About the role: Head of Marketing
To maintain our steep growth curve, we believe we need to put experienced marketing leadership in place to take our marketing planning and activation to the next level. As we are a curious team, we look for ways to explore new routes and tools. The head of marketing will take the lead in defining, exploring, learning and implementing new routes & tools in marketing planning, marketing activation, and sales channel development.
We are looking for a hands-on and forward-looking head of marketing that is excited to further scale our activities and help keep our customers happy and engaged. We have a customer acquisition strategy in place that is focused on attracting people who are already looking for kids' headphones as well as people who aren't yet. They need to be attracted by engaging, on-brand content that clearly explains the product as well as the brand (values).
On top of the existing marketing channels, we're looking to expand our activities and diversify the marketing mix. We see both collaborations and using influencers as key elements to add to our marketing mix, for both the first steps have been taken yet need to be matured.
The head of marketing will lead the marketing team, consisting of 2 in-house FTE and an external network of specialists. You will work closely with the 4 active shareholders of POGS, and report into Bas as co-founder of POGS.
Key areas of responsibility
- Help set and shape the overall marketing strategy.
- Develop POGS brand through brand related projects such as the evolution of brand equity and assets.
- Own the set-up, planning and management of overall marketing calendar.
- Plan and execute new product go to market strategies together with the founder team.
- Leadership of marketing team (internal and external) optimizing the output and development of the team.
- Continue to improve our appeal in our key sales channels (Shopify and marketplaces).
- Drive improvement of customer journey by keeping customers engaged throughout their journey, including email marketing flows and analysis of customer data.
- Identify and explore new opportunities along the customer journey to drive marketing activation and customer acquisition (including sales channels).
- Test new approaches, implement learning and scale successful marketing tools.
- Lead and oversee the creation of assets and content needed for activation across channels.
- Ensure solid analysis of impact of marketing activities, extract learning and drive improvement and market opportunities.
- Areas of responsibilities will evolve as we are fast growing company with evolving challenges.
Who we're looking for
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing or business.
- You have 5 to 7 years of experience in marketing for online consumer brands and products.
- You are a constructively critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, being able to analyze (operational) data to discover & define opportunities for growth and improvement.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, are willing to pick up variety of tasks and enjoy seeking opportunities for improvement.
- You have a creative mind with hands-on orientation, eager to try new things as well as to get things done.
- You drive your own agenda while engaging and leveraging others.
- You have strong interest in environmentally conscious products.
- You are fluent in English with extra languages being a clear plus (Dutch/German/French).
- Willing to travel to Amsterdam on regular basis.
What we offer
- Opportunity to be shape and scale a young and thriving
- Flexible working hours and location, with home-office as the default workplace while using our rented office space in Amsterdam for 2 days a week.
- Competitive compensation package befitting a start-up.
Please apply now and do include your CV and motivation letter. We look forward to getting to know you!