Rabobank Bedrijven / Strategy and Innovation
Ahead of the pace
Imagine being part of one of our key innovative initiatives that aims to help our SME customers flourish. Imagine to focus on helping entrepreneurs grow day by day through cutting-edge innovative propositions that strike at the heart of their business. Now you can! Team Metis, part of the Rabobank Bedrijven Strategy and Innovation team, is endeavouring on a journey to develop distinguishing and unique value propositions for all SMEs. We do this in a full agile, flexible, setting focused on executing on our innovative ambitions. As our future Lead Growth Strategist, you can help shape the future best-in-class services to our SMEs.
Growth Strategist: strategic execution of innovative opportunities
As Lead Growth Strategist, you are part of the strategic thinkers within our team, developing and validating new strategic opportunities for SME target segment. This requires knowledge and insight into the SME ecosystem of digital services that go beyond traditional banking products. We are constantly looking to help SMEs improve their business performance and seek out data-driven solutions. You thrive to build business cases and to develop the action plans to materialize on the identified potential.
Your primary focus will be to develop and validate the business potential of innovative solutions for the SME community. This requires you to think outside the box, be on top of market developments, develop hypotheses, develop data driven insights and to set KPIs to measure progress. Furthermore, we look for someone who is a team player and who has experience in managing a young talented team.
You will join a team consisting of a variety of roles, including:
Joost Lobbes, product owner: “I really like working in a team setup like Team Metis. The culture is much more result oriented and the pace is much higher than I was used to. I love it!”.
The customer comes first, always. Within the Strategy & Innovation domain, we work in a very high-pace dynamic environment where we value validated, customer-driven insights above all else. Being part of our team requires an inquisitive nature, interest in innovation and start-up development, knowledge of Fintech developments and opportunities. And last but not least, the courage to think disruptively about transforming the way we deliver value to the SME community.
What you can expect
- High degree of freedom and responsibility in developing and executing of hands-on strategic actions that improve our proposition day-by-day;
- Developing and presenting data-driven business cases to advice and influence leadership on the strategic course of action with regard to expanding our value proposition scope;
- Strong focus on growing our potential customer base and potential feature scope in order to maximize our impact on the SME ecosystem;
- Ownership developing new and improving insightful solutions on cashflow management and merging banking and business into one, in order to help SMEs save time, save money or help them grow;
- Improve new innovative ‘Beyond-Banking’ solutions in line with our strategy and drive implementation to raise awareness and increase relevance for SMEs;
- Optimize strategic direction of our focus on driving SMEs growth, and develop insights in line with our ecosystem strategy that trigger initiatives to collaborate with 3rd parties to help our SMEs grow their business;
- Developing a young talented team
What we expect
- 5 to 10 years working experience;
- A proven track-record in development and execution of digital and innovation strategy either at an in-house strategy team, a (financial) scale-up, or at a tier-1 consultancy firm;
- Strong motivation to create value for the SME landscape and helping entrepreneurs develop their businesses;
- Affinity and knowledge of the SME market and its dynamics;
- Combine quantitative and qualitative insights to determine market needs and opportunities;
- A proven track-record in developing data-driven business models;
- Experience in innovation methodologies and principles like lean-startup and you know how to apply and integrate lean-startup principles within the team;
- Experience in corporate venturing and/or innovation management and with innovation instruments like accelerators and incubators;
- A good understanding of the financial industry, new business models and organizational development;
- Strong affinity with new technologies and new ways of working. Good understanding of BigTech, FinTech and/or open banking is a big plus;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, ability to measure and analyze data and turn this into practical insights;
- A proven track-record in managing ambitious professionals;
- Positive presence, fun to work with and a passion to drive change & execution;
- At Rabobank we encourage our employees to make a contribution to society beyond their professional career
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- As part of a project with Humanitas, we help people who are experiencing financial difficulties in getting their household finances in order.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland (the Dutch Council for Refugees), we help 1,500 refugees find a suitable job.
Are you ready to take on the role of Lead Growth Strategist and push yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary based on salary scale 9/10 between €3.714,13 and €6.322,94 (depending on your exact experience)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working (subject to assignments);
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to hearing from you!
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply now” button. Please include your cv together with your motivation letter. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Maarten Boelens, at Maarten.Boelens@rabobank.nl
- Bart de Kort, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Bart.de.Kort@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes two interviews and making an assignment. The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
€ 3.714,- tot € 10,-