For our (new) global converting department at Teijin Aramid, headquarters Arnhem, we are looking for a
Global Converting Technical Lead
Result-driven, Continuous Improvement, Technical focus, Communicator, Customer focus
In your role as Global Converting Technical Lead you are responsible to scout, assess and control external converters in the technical domain. Technical operations of the convertors have a focus on textile type of operations, like spinning, twining, cutting, coating and weaving. These operations are executed on the flat aramid yarns produced by Teijin Aramid. Your role is to translate the specific customer demands of Teijin Aramid's business and Supply Chain to the converters and evaluating their capacity to meet these requirements. These criteria focus on their technical capabilities, quality performance .
This large complexity requires a technical lead role that can keep the overview of the capabilities of the many external manufacturing companies and able to connect to the various knowledge holders in the Teijin Aramid organization for specific expertise (like technology expertise at our research and application development center RIC).
This Global Converting Technical Lead is reporting to the Global Converting Integration Manager.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Support the Global Converting Integration Manager with the converter strategy and policies, in that responsible for the technical capabilities and risk management of the converter network, capacities, bottlenecks and improvement programs.
- Ensure follow-up of these improvement programs; discuss developments, capacity and capability and lead time requirements with the converters
- Give input for the converter budgets
- Responsible for the technical approval of new converters to ensure they can and will produce according to our specifications. Deliver input to the procurement contracts
- Be part of the quality audits of converters as part of our ISO procedures
- Ensure that the product specifications as determined by GPLM are transferred and understood by the converters. Ensure that their measurement methods comply with these specifications
- Transfer customer complaints to the converters, translate structural complaints into improvement programs at the converters
- Initiate technological improvement programs or investigations with the various technology converting experts at our research and development center (RIC) for improvements of the converter processes or products.
- Actively collaborate with our external partners and maintain proper supplier relationship management together with other departments like procurement. Elements of supplier relationship management are
- Managing technical and capacity capabilities through contract management
- Ensure proper safety and quality performance
- Focus on continuous improvement and cost optimization and lead time improvements
To be successful in this role you need a Bachelor or Master degree preferably in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or Supply Chain/Logistics. You have a proven work experience of minimum 5 years in technical areas.
- Good knowledge of supply chain and manufacturing processes
- A pre would be to have experience in processing Aramid products and/or in textile processing);
- Demonstrated conceptual and continuous improvement skills;
- Good knowledge of SAP/ERP systems;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal;
- Strong conceptual thinking;
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail;
- Ability to work internationally;
Great challenges await you at Teijin Aramid. In addition to our leading international work environment, we offer you:
- A salary between € 4800,- and € 7500 gross per month (excluding holiday allowance á 8.33%), your salary is based on your experience and education;
- 20 days off per year and in addition 26 days off as Personal Budget, these days can be used as days off or paid out; a total of 46 days off on a full-time base;
- We offer a pleasant work/life balance, a competitive salary and good fringe benefits such as vacation pay of 8.33%, a competitive pension with a low own contribution, profit sharing between 0 and 10% and flexible working hours;
- Various training and coaching programs to help you develop and shape your own professional career;
- Your home working allowance of € 3.76 per day and a travel allowance of € 0.21 per kilometer traveled;
- A green and development budget of € 1500 gross each.
More information and how to apply
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Remko Bakker (Global Supply Chain Manager) on 06 15852843
We welcome your application through the application button on our website.
In addition to your resume, we would like to receive a cover letter explaining why you should be our new colleague! An assessment and screening are part of the application process.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Gerwin Noij, Recruiter, +31-647103629.
For more information, please visit our website www.teijinaramid.com.