Catawiki is the leading online marketplace to buy and sell special objects. Over 75,000 objects are offered in auction every week - each reviewed and selected by one of Catawiki's hundreds of in-house experts specialised in Art, Design, Jewellery, Fashion, Classic Cars, Collectables and much more. Catawiki is headquartered in Amsterdam with over 750 employees across the world.
Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day.
Catawiki is the leading online marketplace to buy and sell special objects. We offer over 75,000 special objects in auction every week - each reviewed and selected by one of Catawiki's hundreds of in-house experts specialised in Art, Design, Jewellery, Fashion, Classic Cars, Collectables and many more.
We've sold 10 million unique items to date and it's our mission to become the world's most popular auction destination for special objects.
We're an innovative, pioneering and fast-growing scale-up. If you think you can make a difference to our team, go ahead and apply.About the role
As an Expert Comics, you will be closely involved with evaluating and arranging lots submitted by our users. Using your expert knowledge and your extensive network, you will be responsible for creating attractive auctions every week. Catawiki strives to keep user transactions as transparent and fair as possible, and your expertise and experience play a large part in maintaining this standard; you know better than anyone what items are of interest to our users.
You will review lot titles, descriptions, lot pictures, and provide users with an estimated value based on this information. If you need to reject a submission, you do so in a professional and courteous manner. Your efforts result in exceptional auctions that bidders will find irresistible. We also expect you to create your own auctions by engaging with your network and top sellers and by working with our Sales teams, to attract new Sellers and offer even more choices to our Buyers.
Finally, you'll also be working together with our sales team and proactively review seller segments, assist team members in onboarding high potential leads and upselling existing sellers.
Who you are
We do not necessarily require any diplomas or experience in similar functions, however, we do require:
- Expert knowledge in your field; with broad knowledge around Belgium, French and Dutch comics
- A network of dealers/buyers.
- Documented commercial experience;
- You are a natural team player and thrive in a diverse team environment;
- Excellent English communication;
- Good computer skills;
- Naturally, you have an extensive network of potential sellers and experts in your field;
- You have the diplomatic competence needed to act as a mediator in disputes between users;
- Fluent in French or Dutch and English
The role can be based in The Netherlands or Belgium with a work from home arrangement.Here's what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 800+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You'll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from 'CataFooty' to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
- And there's more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki's eclectic team represents an international and intergenerational mix of people from different professional and cultural backgrounds. We foster an inclusive and queer-friendly work environment, committed to making every Catawikian feel welcomed and empowered. Whatever your story, we encourage you to bring your unique perspective to the table.
Catawiki stands with Ukraine and encourages people displaced by the current conflict to apply. In addition to the several initiatives we've launched, we're open to ideas on ways we can continue to support the humanitarian effort.Our offices and new way of working
We've embraced an activity-based way of working, meaning our team can choose how they split their work week between home and the office, in line with our remote framework and guidelines. In locations where we have physical offices, most employees enjoy two days at the office to connect and collaborate with each other.
Our experts and sales staff in local markets work 100% remotely - in most cases from home. Some key positions are hired remotely, while we also offer relocation services for colleagues needing to be closer to the office.Interested?
If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.