Senior Manager Trading EMEA
In the role of Senior Manager Trading you will work in a new role that is launched in the current department. You will cover the EMEA trading entities and is focused as the pivotal company between EMEA trading Entities and Sales & Marketing affiliates. You will conduct more complex elements of financial/management accounting, JSOX compliance, logistics and process duties for activities around the purchase of products from EMEA Trading Entities and sale of products to EMEA affiliates. You will provide commercial oversight to ensure appropriate governance and that transactions flow in accordance with API’s Tax & Transfer Pricing strategy and with EU tax legislation. As well as working collaboratively across several functions (including other IP Holder companies, S&M Affiliates, Finance, Direct & Indirect Tax, Technology Division (supply chain and manufacturing), Global Business Services, Commercial Finance, EMEA Business Services, QA/Responsible Person) is a responsibility. Next to this you will operate as an effective Finance Business Partner to internal and external stakeholders, collaborating to make effective decisions, and adding business value where possible. You will deliver timely and accurate financial reporting both internally and externally, and apply initiative and commercial judgement to resolve problems, making timely decisions to support time sensitive commercial goods and services movement.
Furthermore, you work collaboratively as a member of the Finance team, contributing to overall performance. The team is a small team located in the UK and the Netherlands. Your manager is based in the Netherlands and the office is located in Leiden.
Over de werkgever
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 18,000 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 10 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,500 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products.
Wat wij bieden
- A quality orientated organisation in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Working in an international environment;
- Salary based upon experience;
- A temporary contract for 6 months with the possibility to extend.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or another similar field;
- Demonstrable substantial and sustained experience within finance functions;
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings;
- Sound commercial awareness and ability to contribute to the development and success of the business;
- Demonstrable experience/exposure to a majority of the following areas: inventory knowledge – accounting/ transactional knowledge/best practice, Financial Modelling & Analysis, Preparation of Management Reports, Preparation of Budgets & Forecasts, variance Analysis and understanding of cost drivers, volume & pricing, Month End Close Process, NL GAAP, IFRS and group accounting experience, Internal Controls & process experience;
- Hands on use of Accounting & Reporting tools such as SAP, HFM and Liaison with auditors & professional advisors;
- Must have experience of working across multiple sites and localities;
- Track-record of leading planning process with excellent organisational and collaboration skills;
- Proven compliance expertise; understanding and complying with industry laws and regulations.
Wat wij bieden