Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The goals of commodity analysts are to transform supply and demand knowledge into unique, timely, actionable & accurate insights to the traders, commercial and business development teams locally and globally to guide/support their decision making.
This junior analyst position is meant for those with some experience in commodity research, who will contribute to a team of analysts working on the global ferrous supply chain. This position will need to collaborate with other metals analysts to complete various projects in short and long term fundamental studies; help build long-term models, and build/maintain databases. Customer and field visits may be needed.
This position has constant interactions with local traders/merchants, commercial team, and global traders and analysts.
- Key deliverables are regular market reports and updates on global iron ore and steel, ability to cover for senior analysts during European hours, and capacity to work on long-term models in collaboration with the analytics lead.
- Conduct some analysis requiring a basic knowledge of the commodity or market.
- Contribute to research of competitor behavior including marketing strategies, pricing, sales and methods of operation.
- Help monitor market conditions, trends and competitors to project demand and inform product launch timing.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Science; orbachelor's degree in economics, Statistics, or similar fields
- 1-3-year relevant working experience in commodity research
- Rational mindset and strong analytical skills
- Curious, self-driven mindset
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate complex verbal and written messages in a concise way
- Can deal with ambiguity, and have passion to figure things out in a positive way
- Master of Science in Economics, Statistics, or similar fields
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience
- Work experience in global ferrous or base metals research/merchandizing/trading
- Proven ability to work effectively in a small integrated team
- Strong data management skills
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out morehttps://careers.cargill.com/diversity/Nu solliciteren