BDO Netherlands offers you the opportunity to showcase your skill and experience as well as further grow as a professional in the audit industry. We have a client base in all the major industries, with many of our clients having a large international footprint. Thus allowing you to gain global exposure. Our employees are at the center of our focus. We empower you to be in the driver seat of your career at BDO Netherlands by enabling you to use your skills and experience in other departments within our firm at opportune moments.
BDO Netherlands has a social culture, with regular social events for our employees, such as Friday drinks or monthly sport evenings. Part of our focus on our employees is also to maintain a healthy work life balance. Being in the Netherlands offers you Europe at your fingertips, with many destinations being but a short flight away. Many of our expat colleagues take long weekends to visit places such as Greece, Italy or Budapest.
We invite you to join the BDO Netherlands family to come and experience what we have to offer yourself!
At the bottom off this page you'll find the button 'solliciteer' please use that to leave us your contact info and resume.
The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running parts off the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalization of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Eligible to register with SAICA (at minimum 1st attempt APC).
- In the process of completing final year of completing articles.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Sector experience.
- Experience with listed clients.
Salary and other benefits
- Minimum salary levels for highly skilled migrants
- 30% ruling for expats (30% of the gross salary can be paid net)
- Holiday allowance (1 month salary in May)
- Travel allowance for public transport or a company car (make sure to drive on the right side of the road)!
- Mobile allowance
- 32 holidays, 6-7 national holidays
- Pension arrangement
- Flight and 1st month of housing expenses paid
- Payment of visa related expenses
- Relocation budget (€ 1,500)