Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Site Coordinator will ensure that all final product shipments meet or exceed the company, customer and regulatory requirements. In this role, you will maintain and continuously improve the product safety culture at the site as well as the management systems which include methods, procedures, maintenance, calibration, cross checks, training, auditing raw materials verification and purchasing. You will be a member of the leadership team and is often the primary contact for direct customer and regulatory interactions.
- Drive the food safety, quality and regulatory culture at the site and partner with key managers within the business acting as part of the location leadership team to ensure standards and expectations are being met and actively participate in the development of strategic initiatives and budgets.
- Provide leadership, organization and communication to the team in a manner that results in an engaged team and safe environment.
- Develop and assess systems and processes, plan and direct all food safety, quality and regulatory programs and change management, implement product specification systems, drive continuous improvement and provide input to leaders related to capital needs to maintain product safety initiatives.
- Build and foster relationships with customers and regulatory agencies to respond to questions or concerns and issue appropriate resolutions.
- Perform prevention activities to proactively identify risks and take necessary actions to prevent food safety, quality and regulatory issues across the location.
- Analyze, review and interpret policies and regulations, implements predefined customer and supplier standards, monitor regulatory activities and act as a liaison with local regulatory authorities to ensure compliance of regulations and policies.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with an approved audit scheme
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch or willing to learn in the short term
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience with product lines
- Experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Experience managing and deploying a food safety, quality and regulatory management system
- Very good knowledge of Dutch