VDL ETG T&D is expanding their business, therefore we are looking for a FPGA designer for our Electronics department. Do you have the ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field and do you have industrial experience in VHDL for FPGA design? Then this might be an interesting vacancy for you!
You will be responsible for defining and realizing new VHDL firmware designs and for modifying existing VHDL firmware, including the hardware/software interface of the machine. Your activities include specifying and documenting requirements, implementing and simulating VHDL code as well as testing the firmware in test setups and in the machine module.
As a FPGA Designer you are the first point of contact for questions related to this topic. In the projects, you work together with the electronics architect and designers of all disciplines (software, electronics, mechatronics, mechanics). This position is based in the Electronics group of VDL ETG Technology & Development, where you will report to the Group leader Electronics.
- Bachelor Degree or master degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of industrial experience in VHDL for FPGA design (VHDL RTL, synthesis, compilation and timing closure).
- Experience with FPGA design flow (Altera Quartus/Xilinx ISE) and functional & gate level simulation using Mentor Modelsim and/or Questa Sim.
- Experience with FPGA debugging tools (ILA ChipScope, Signaltap) and lab equipment.
- Affinity to work and discuss with hardware and software engineers on a technical level.
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field.
- Good in time management and setting priorities.
- Affinity with mechatronics/control systems is a plus! #LI-HV1
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family company, VDL Group
- You work together in a professional way, a combination of product development and product realization in the same building and in an informal environment
- Plenty of opportunities for personal development and work scope
- Combination of product development and product realization in the same building
- Help to further develop the competences (Mechanics/ Electro/ Service/ Mechatronics/ Software)
- "no nonsense" mentality
- Take ownership/responsibility (can do, will do)
- Rather high level of autonomy
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the "solliciteer" button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy.
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers. #LI-EO1#LI-MV1