ING Bank NL is looking for a passionate and inspiring IT Team lead (within ING we use the title Chapter Lead), with a solid software development background and hands on mentality.
The KYC & Onboarding IT Area in Leeuwarden is a modern and vibrant place for every techie in the heart of the ING Bank. Software development is fully shifted-left, based on a new tech stack where containerized Java code is deployed with Azure DevOps towards our OpenShift powered cloud.
You will fulfill an important IT role as senior software engineer in a dynamic DevOps team. The front-end Lit HTML web components and Java API’s are the technical backbone for end to end digital flows whether it is in the mobile banking apps (both private and business) or cross channel ‘employee 2 customer’ portals.
This is not a fully remote position. The working location is Leeuwarden, Netherlands. After current restrictions, you will be expected to work in the office in Leeuwarden/Amsterdam for approx. 2 days per week.
The teams are developing real time banking processes related to KYC & Onboarding of customers right in the heart of the ING Bank. To enable customers to onboarding in a safe and compliant way (KYC) to ING banking products for all private individuals and SME’s in NL.
The stage for your work couldn’t be bigger than this!
Roles and responsibilities
50% of your time you will develop and test digital flows on our mobile banking apps used by millions of Dutch customers. For the other 50% of your working week, you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and motivating IT experts in your chapter, which will consist of 8 till 12 software engineers on average.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development (8 + years): backend or front end (and thorough knowledge of the other, you are expected to be able to work on front- and backend). Our backend stack sounds like Java, Spring Boot, Maven, Azure DevOps, Kafka, Cassandra, Oracle. On the front-end side, we are into Lit HTML/ Webcomponents, NPM.
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation (with for example Cucumber), continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. We work with Azure DevOps, Helm, Kubernetes on OpenShift, Docker (Compose).
- We have embraced full shift-left approach to software development, so you are expected to refine, code, test and deploy your own work to immutable containers on our cloud environments.
- Lead development experience is a pre.
- An itch and self-motivation for solving technical and functional challenges.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general.
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back to the ING Bank by holding presentations, workshops, writing documentation and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech.
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and iterative way of working is a pre.
- Fluent English speaking and writing
Rewards & benefits
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.