Bedrijf: Zoku Amsterdam
Who can apply:People who truly love to make guests happy and go out of their way to make their experience unforgettable, are curious and neighborly. Genuine people looking to gain valuable experience as an intern in the wonderful world of hospitality and event planning, as part of their MBO+ or HBO(college) degree or for those who wish to gain hands on experience after graduation. Especially students/graduates in the elds of hospitality, event management, facility or tourism management might love to take on this challenge. Students and graduates outside these elds are also welcome to apply. Main responsibilities of the internship would include:
- Assisting the Meeting & Events Lead in the sales process of guiding prospective clients in tours throughout the space and elding meeting & events inquiries;
- Assisting the Meeting & Events Lead in the coordination and planning process of hosting a wide range of meetings & events at Zoku;
- Onsite presence for meeting & event execution. Working in operations / where necessary during meetings and events, constantly being in contact with the Meeting & Event Lead and exible event staff;
- Reviewing and constantly looking for new ways to improve Better Together’s offering, increase ef ciency of service and pro tability and keeping an eye on new trends emerging in the market.
- Loves the art of hospitality and genuinely taking care of guests to create memorable experiences
- Manages many tasks at once while maintaining a cool head and warm smile
- Enjoys roles that are broad in scope, where each day brings something different
- Shows accountability and impeccable attention to detail
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Is enthusiastic, humoristic and friendly
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys discovering new things
- Is uent in English and Dutch
- Previous experience in event management or banqueting is a plus
- International experience is a plus
A management internship (minimum 5 months) beginning in October or November 2016. You will be an integral member of our Better Together team at Zoku which focuses on hosting inspiring meetings and events.
As set out in the responsibilities on the following page, this internship will consist of working alongside the Meeting & Events Lead to secure, plan and execute meetings at Zoku. Zoku has 360 sq meters of exible meeting & event spaces to host both corporate and community / lifestyle events. Activities include team brainstorm sessions, industry talks, product launches parties, company off-sites, morning yoga classes and more. We want to facilitate everything from a healthy lifestyle, to thought-leadership, to career development and all sorts of hoopla.
Possibility to have time for assignments/projects when desired as part of a MBO(+) or HBO (college) curriculum.