Amazon is committed to building a sustainable future for our customers, local communities, and the planet. Under The Climate Pledge we committed to be net-zero carbon across our business by 2040, 10 years ahead of the Paris Agreement. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people that are dedicated to making a meaningful impact on the sustainability of our products and supply chain.
Core initiative are the electrification of last mile and middle mile fleet and the implementation of technologies to maximize energy efficiency of our buildings. This requires an effort to improve the standards of our delivery station with specific focus on smart building technology to drive energy efficiency actions.
Key job responsibilities
- Align and set stakeholders' expectations for the definition of electrical standards, for the installation of equipment that improve carbon foot print and adoption of tools and processes (i.e. Smart power meters, on-site wind power generation, adaptive lighting systems, energy efficiency improvement actions). The role requires weekly interaction with multiple stakeholders involved on EU AMZL sustainability programs, with Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME), Global Procurement, Finance and OPS teams, as well as with our external partners.
- Develop and manage vendors, in order to ensure installation capacity, quality of commissioning and smooth interaction on-site with other teams like health and safety and operations.
- Perform electrical design validation in order to ensure that various teams are respecting electrical standards during installation of electrical equipment.
- Respect of mechanisms for cost controlling, with equal focus on reliability of installation and financial performances.
- Get leadership approval for procedures and standard installation design.
- Ensure regular reporting to leadership about progress of programs.
Your day could include engagement with various levels of the organization and with multiple stakeholder groups to drive short and mid term decisions that have impact on a large scale across the AMZL network. You would also be working with partners from Operations, Process Improvement, Health and Safety, Ergonomics, Finance, Procurement and external vendors to design and deploy new equipment and processes into AMZL Delivery Stations. Together with results, accurate reporting will ensure your success. You will find a cooperative environment with a common commitment on making Amazon business a worldwide reference for Sustainability actions.
About the team
EU AMZL Sustainability Engineering is responsible for the definition and continuous improvement of electrical standards for EV charging network and smart grid solutions. We ensure reliability of design and we obsess over costs since we believe that waste of resources is one of the major risks for Sustainability actions. The scale of Amazon last mile network requires the team to establish close partnership with other teams: we get plans and financial justification from Global Fleet team or from EU Sustainability team; we leverage footprint and skills of Field Engineering team for installation; we get continuous feedback from Maintenance and Operation teams to improve our products.
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical subject with actual expertise on electrical installation. In case of relevant experience, Finance and Economics will be evaluated.
- Demonstrated experience in leading programs in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Experience with handling multiple competing priorities and mid-complexity projects in a fast-paced environment, with multiple stakeholders (e.g. Definition of accurate plans, vendors' development, quality assurance, design and costs improvement, stakeholders engagement).
- Ability to simplify complex topics, solid analytical skills to enable data-driven decision making. The role requires effective communication.
- Microsoft Office skills, including advanced working knowledge of Excel and Word. Basic knowledge of databases and cloud computing.
- Experience in electrical engineering programs, procurement of hardware, contracting of maintenance services are a strong plus.
- Direct experience of resource planning in large scale programs.
- Experience with customer/partner development and validating products through technological dive deep.
- Fluency in English and German, other European languages are a plus.
- Passion for sustainability and desire to innovate at scale.
- Experience a within Smart Grid technology