Technical Cross-domain expertise is necessary to be successful in the security field. You are expected to be industry leading domain experts, relative to your level, in the core sub-areas:
- Physical Access Control Systems, Methodology and applications
- Intruder detection systems, methodology and applications
- Video System Management, camera systems and applications
- Design Physical Security Systems
- Physical Security hardware, methodology and applications
- Security Management Practices
- Security tendering process
- Operational Security
- Law, Investigations, and Ethics
- Physical Security
- Holistic, ergonomic, Health & Safety and end to end project considerations
Expectations of Physical Security Program Manager typically include:
You recognize, adopt, utilize and teach best practices in the Physical Security Program Management: development of security frameworks, information security, security operations, security systems, policy, and response.
You have industry leading skills required by your role and area of specialty.
You have a high capacity and tolerance for context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective, safe and secure guidance.
You participate in efforts to promote security throughout the Company.
You demonstrate a strong preference for assisting the business with achieving its goals as opposed to saying "no".
You relentlessly search for the root cause of problems to understand the broader context.
You maintain an understanding of the security threat environment and how it affects the company.
You find flaws in existing company processes and procedures and work with the appropriate stakeholders to get them remediated.
You understand the current state of the art of security and how they can benefit the company.
You keep your knowledge and skills current to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
You have a basic familiarity with the regulatory landscape in which Amazon operates.
You participate in efforts that create and improve the company's security policies.
Key job responsibilities
The qualified candidate for this role will be able to perform the following:
- Writing detailed Physical Security design requirements and standards.
- Interpreting Blue Prints for the purpose of applying company design standards.
- Interpreting Amazon Security Policies and translating to real world applications
- Drafting Scopes of Work, Project Bidding Packages and Project Budgets
- Coordinates and ensure timely delivery of daily system support requirements and projects with various teams such as, Design & Construction, IT Security, Network Engineering and Corporate Systems.
- Provides technical support and guidance
- Experience in managing the design, operation and installation of global physical security systems. Including experience in writing design specifications and standards, technical manuals and procedures, and developing and delivering training programs
- BS degree (or higher) in Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in designing with software like AutoCad, Revit, Naviswork... And knowledge on BIM and BlueBeam.
- Experience in project management methodologies (i.e. PRINCE2)
- Deep understanding of Analog and IP CCTV, Card Access, Intrusion, and Fire Systems.
- Experience with the Security Integrator Industry
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
- Ability to travel
- Experience working in BIM
- ASIS CPP, PSP or CISSP Certification
- TAPA experienced/qualified
- Certification in Lenel Access Control Systems
- Lean Six Sigma
- French, German, Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus