We support wholesale banking to be able to provide excellent compliant and secure customer journeys to our clients. By maintaining and extending the platform you will provide the capability to multiple application teams to deliver their business value. You will work in an international environment with colleages in multiple continents, supporting applications that are used 24/7. If this is something you like then read on!
The Vantage/GRID/HALO platform team is responsible to support the Vantage, GRID and HALO applications that provide the Wholesale Banking with capabilities for their customer administration. The position is a DevOps role and requires building and working with Websphere, Java, Azure, configuration as code, automation with Ansible, knowledge on the ELK stack, Prometheus & Grafana.
Roles and responsibilities
We are looking for a strong developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation, and hardening (security, stability, deployment) our inhouse-developed platform (Vantage). Multiple applications and teams heavily rely on the platform to deliver business value.
Vantage platform consist of multiple reusable components which are deployed on our own WebSphere server. You will be able to develop new features/changes in the platform based on regulatory or security requirements and mostly support developers on any issues or incidents that relates to the platform. Additionally, as part of the platform team, you will focus on changing the infra used by the platform to meet the latest ING standards.
A transformation effort already started where part of the functionality/applications of Vantage will be migrated into a modern architecture based on rest API using the latest technologies (Spring boot 2/Java11) with the new ING global components. This will be a multi-year journey of migrating the Vantage modules to the global ING Touchpoint platform. Meanwhile, with the support of architects and IT leads, you will be working on unlocking teams and the platform itself to integrate (and migrate) to the new platform.
As a DevOps Engineer, along with the IT Area Lead, your IT Chapter Lead and your fellow engineers, you;
- Collaborate across squads
- You can collaborate across squads on coding, architecture, continuous improvement, structured problem solving, agile way of working and/or any other way that adds value
- You participate in DevOps rituals when needed (e.g. daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives & peer reviews)
- You share and try new practices and technologies with your chapter members that have the similar interests and expertise.
- You use your seniority to maximize individual and team performance:
- You coach and challenge engineers in adopting proper quality standards, both in coding and way of working (e.g. peer reviews, etc)
- You hold a strong opinion on how IT should be done and can hold a constructive discussion, but you are also willing to follow standpoints of others if they seem more appropriate given the current context and constraints
- Together with people in your environment, you create an atmosphere of trust within the team while at the same time catalyzing continuous improvement
- Work within a cross border team (with 75% of colleagues working from Mumbai), ensuring equal participation from everyone
- Maintain the current Java7/Oracle stack, while evolving the architecture (and the people around you if needed) towards modern industry standards and practices (Java 11/Docker/ELK)
- Create the environment for continuous feedback, coaching and mentoring.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
We are looking for people who
- Have experience working in a complex, regulated environment such as a large financial institution
- Are a seasoned Java engineer, with a wide experience on WebSphere (but not married to it)
- Have experience working with legacy systems and how to perform changes on them
- Keep in mind security and risk while designing and developing changes on systems.
- Able to work on different abstraction levels and not afraid to dive into details when needed
- Are fluent in English speaking and writing and a good communicator in general
- Are experienced with test driven development & test automation
- Have a Growth mind-set and develop this in others
- Are up to date with new Technology and have a deep understanding of when to use it
- Are humble in approach and not afraid to be wrong
- Are proud of what they do and enjoy sharing this with your external network
- Are experienced in Agile / Scrum / DevOps projects
Rewards & benefits
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster