At Booking.com, we believe travel is a force for good in the world, connecting people and cultures, reducing barriers and increasing understanding. Our mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We make this possible by allowing everyone to book their entire trip with Booking.com.
Flights team Tripsproduct Tripsflights
The trip often starts with a flight. The mission of the Flights team is to offer a wide selection of flights, great value for money and the easiest booking experience. Much of the customer experience is mostly mobile, whether at check-in, boarding, between connections or on arrival.
As a Senior Product Manager for Flights Mobile Apps, you will own the vision and the strategy for Flights Native App experience. You will be working closely with native mobile teams within Booking’s app frameworks to make it easier for the 8.5M people who open our apps everyday not only to discover and book a flight, but to position our app as a travel companion that assists in the preparation for the journey and the in-airport experience.
With a talented team of UX designers, product managers, app developers, data analysts, and more, you will create a seamless Flights mobile app customer experience to increase app engagement, bookings and ultimately drive Booking’s in-airport app usage.
- Responsible for the short and long term product strategy, goals, success metrics and roadmaps for Flights native app experience. Understand and explain the impact of the team on the Flights vision and strategy, and how it fits into Booking’s mission.
- Identify user needs through various methods of research (quantitative, qualitative, market research, benchmarking)
- Responsible for data analysis, experimentation, and reporting on the app product area to drive changes and improvements to the user experience.
- Serve as the product team’s primary contact for information, work prioritisation, and decision-making.
- Responsible for selecting the right methodology for the product that is being developed given the stage of the product life cycle, by applying knowledge of the limitations and possibilities of the various product development methodologies.
- Responsible for ensuring a high quality user experience with our products by applying technical awareness and understanding of technical risks.
- Support and justify the chosen technical solutions and build a bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders by ensuring the technical feature development and strategy are scoped to satisfy the short and long term needs of the business.
- Works independently with support and coaching from senior and group product managers.
- Responsible for directly or indirectly coaching, leading, and/or managing junior or core product managers to successfully grow others in their career.
- Strong Problem Solver - Ability to identify and analyse issues, problems or opportunities to achieve desired outcomes, by applying structured thinking and to break down issues to form a logical train of thought that can be followed and understood by others.
- Creativity and curiosity - A creative problem solver that follows the latest industry trends and has a deep curiosity about our customers, business and product.
- Excellent degree of communication skills - Being able to effectively communicate both the strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product strategy documents, requirements, status updates, and results reports.
- Excellent degree of analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to achieve mutually agreeable solutions by staying adaptable, communicating ideas in clear coherent language, and practising active listening.
- Ability to thrive and work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities, whilst also taking the time for personal reflection and growth on individual and product skills.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience taking the lead in building native iOS and Android applications.
- Experience with new product development and experience with scaling products.
- Experience working in a diverse multi-product team environment with inter-team dependencies. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
- Comfortable to query data and perform analysis independently.
- Experience in sizing opportunities and translating them into products, features and processes that deliver value.
- Previous ecommerce experience. Experience in the travel and/or flights industry is a plus.
- Previous experience managing product managers is a nice to have.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.