Capital Velocity Loan Sales Professional
As part of the team you are responsible for the global distribution of loan-based products in various formats (single loans, portfolios, cash/synthetic securitizations, partnerships..).
You are an energetic individual with drive, effective relationship building and commercial skills, have profound understanding of loan assets as well as investor needs, you will manage and coordinate the deal flow from prospect until closure. You will have knowledge of and sells the full suite of loan-based products. You will gain a deep understanding of investor needs and shares this knowledge with Sector coverage and Portfolio Management teams, in order to optimize loan origination and portfolio management. Also you will work closely with the Structuring teams to structure deals in line with investor demands; this requires having or acquiring understanding of all different Distribution formats.
The Distribution Sales team will be located across 5 global hubs (Amsterdam, Brussels, London, US & Asia), working closely with the FM Financial Institutions sales teams and Financial Institutions Sector coverage and reports to the Global Head of Institutional Sales and Distribution.
What you'll do
- Manage investor relationships and engage in dialogue across different loan-based products and distribution formats, deliver market soundings
- Advise Sector coverage and Portfolio Management teams on distributability and pricing of assets, based on deep and dynamic knowledge and detailed mapping of investor appetite and accordingly contribute towards the origination and credit approval processes.
- Attend client and industry events to position ING as Distribution bank and keep informed of key trends
- Become knowledgeable of and be responsible for sale of full suite of loan-based products to investor base
- Manage end-to-end the pre-lead, pitching and proposal process (if applicable incl. RFPs and roadshows) with investor clients
- Negotiate distribution deal format and price agreements with investors, balancing investor appetite with ING requirements
- Work together with Structuring teams to structure loan-based products in line with investor requirements, incl. facilitating direct client contact
- Close cooperation with the Financial markets Institutional Sales team and FI Sector coverage to ensure a growing ING share of wallet
- Generate orders and axes to facilitate secondary market opportunities and help manage the risk in loan trading team.
- Ensure investors are in line with ING risk and Know Your Customer guidelines
How to succeed
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance
- Candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international (fixed income) investor-facing, loan origination or structuring role
- Experience managing a portfolio of client relationships
- Has built a solid understanding of the credit and market risk characteristics of various loan-based products and distribution formats (or commitment to develop this)
- Successful in negotiating complex deals with long lead times
- Proven ability of managing relationships and processes with many internal and external stakeholders in an international context
- Job grade 12
- Public transport pass
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Furthermore, within Financial Markets, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- challenging projects with quants and colleagues from sales and trading
- the possibility to grow in the trading and Financial Markets organization
Financial Markets (FM) is the Bank’s gateway to the professional markets around the world. Our primary function is to service the needs of ING’s clients with products, services and guidance. FM aims to be a significant player in our market leader and challenger markets, with an additional presence in all the major international markets and specialist expertise in selected emerging markets and products.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist