Cluster Financial Controller
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
At Holiday Inn Express, we're all about travel that's simple AND smart.
That means we offer more to our guests where it matters most to them. Easy check-in? Check. All the essentials in a comfy room? Check. They're all included with a great night's sleep. We're focused on getting our guests more than ready. So we're always ready. Are you?
The brand-new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside
is located on the Northern shore of the IJ-Lake. This impressive 45-metre-high tower holds Europe's largest Holiday Inn Express. Boasting 438 bedroom, this market leading property has opened in June 2020.
In summer 2021 a brand new Holiday Inn Express Almere
We are now seeking to appoint an experienced Cluster Financial Controller
to join the team and be a part of our exciting venture.
As Cluster Financial Controller
, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the finance functions within the hotels. You will work closely with the General Manager, HODs and Group Finance Managers to provide timely financial information and ensure all relevant information is complete to enable the smooth processing of hotel accounts.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Daily processing of financial figures and information, so that the hotels are provided with correct information to achieve the goals
- Debtor management; checking and sending out sales invoices, monitoring receivables, assessing outstanding items and credit terms
- Checking and posting payments and receipts
- Responsible for the entire General Cashier procedure: processing cash payments, checking, booking and daily keeping of the journals
- Detecting and resolving missing and incorrect entries, determining corrections to be made
- Control of daily turnover and other income audit tasks
- Checking and reviewing purchase orders
- Responsible for timely reporting of reliable and complete P&L results and associated analysis on a monthly basis
- Periodic preparation of the P&L forecast based on the budget and current trends
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget
- Ensuring an updated and clean balance sheet file, reporting balance sheet reconciliations with the sub-administrations.
- Payroll administration and the associated reconciliation of balance sheets
- Taking care of the period-end and year-end closing
- Preparing the VAT return
- Compliance with all brand IHG standards
- Indicating opportunities for improvement in the operational processes based on actual performance, information needs of management and implementing them
We'll reward all your hard work with an industry leading salary, benefits and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
We pride ourselves on investing in your ongoing career development within the IHG brand and Odyssey Hotel Group, working in partnership with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. Click apply and start your journey with us! We strive to maintain a recruitment process that is open, honest and fair. All job applicants will be treated fairly and our recruitment decisions will only be based on objective criteria such as the individual's skills, qualifications, experience and other competencies relevant to the job.We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. To be able to perform the role, you need:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Min 5 years of professional experience; experience in hospitality is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of financial software packages and MS Office;
- Excellent written and spoken English; Dutch language is an advantage;
- Experience working with hotel systems /Opera/ is preferred;
- Analytical skills, eyes for details and professional attitude.