Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Business Controller you assist in the financial and risk management of the company and all its projects and proposals. You will support the business controller in ongoing monitoring of company and project results. As Business Controller you are accountable for accurate financial and qualitative analysis and will be responsible for performing financial integrity in the day-to-day financial management. You will also operate as Project Controller for small projects.
As Business Controller you will:
- Assist with total cash flow, treasury and in all monthly and quarterly reporting of the company to the management team in close cooperation with financial and group control and treasury.
- Support project and tender control of assigned small projects, including risk management, cash flow management, cost control, forecasting, reporting, contract management and monitoring progress.
- Support in the monthly planning, business plan and control cycle.
- Supports in monitoring and actively managing the total risk profile, total claims overview and the stage gate overview and making sure that every project and proposal stays within the approved budgets.
Skills & experience
As Business Controller you need to have:
- Bachelor+ degree in a financial discipline combined with at least five years of progressively responsible financial and contract management experience gained in the naval or defence or capital-intensive industry and/or heavy equipment construction industry.
- Experience with large and complex MS Excel files.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Business Controller, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.