At INDG Grip we are looking for a Financial Controller to join our growing team!
As Financial Controller you are part of our Finance Team taking ownership of the control and reporting side of our financial administration of our two entities INDG and Grip. As our organization is experiencing exciting growth, we’re looking for someone who is ready to support our business with the right numbers and processes to continue this growth.
In this role you will report directly to the Finance Director, and together with the Financial Accountant you are responsible for the administration of all our entities in three countries. The Finance team further consists of a Business Control Director and two Controllers. You play a big role in the month end closing cycle and are responsible for preparing the annual statements of our four Dutch entities, of which INDG and GRIP are the biggest. You also take care of tax matters and salary administration. In this role it’s important you enjoy working in an environment where you can implement processes that makes (y)our work more efficient.
At INDG we develop technology that enables engaging, hyper-realistic digital product experiences. Our goal is to make "every product playable", by combining the science of technology with the artistry of computer-generated content. Our offices are in Amsterdam, Bucharest and New York. Clients include Adidas, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Yamaha, Electrolux, and Philips. Our CG artists, interactive designers, and developers focus on creating virtual versions of our clients' products, so lifelike it feels like you could reach out and touch them. Our culture brings together creative, tech and business individuals. It’s a heady cocktail that keeps us inspired, empowered and passionate.
Grip supports brands to cope with the fast-accelerating challenge of the exponential grow and need for content. Grip is web-based software that automatically generates visual content. It’s based on photorealistic 3D, capitalizing on INDG’s twenty-year-long experience in that field. 3D is good because once your beer or your juicer or your rocket is on Grip, it can be used and re-used for multiple media: images, videos, iOS apps, and such.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure journal entries are correct and maintain GL-accounts
- Overseeing accounting operations, monthly payroll and bank payments
- Updating financial statements
- Auditing financial information
- Responsible for external reporting
- Drive actively month and year end process
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly and yearly ledgers
- Contributing to improvement of financial processes and to projects in the finance department
- Responsible for tax matters
Would be great if you have/are...
- Professional credentials (at least a Dutch HBO or equivalent) in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance AND minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software and MS Office (good understanding of Excel)
- Highly structured way of working and documenting
- Great attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, eager to learn and progress, good communicator
- Dedicated, flexible and stress-resistant
- Fluent in English, Dutch is nice to have
What we offer
In this role you will be working from our headquarters in the heart of Amsterdam. Our environment and our creative space are very important to us. We have a flexible approach towards working from home, but we believe that it is important to feel the energy of our office time to time. We offer a competitive salary, an office overlooking the Amsterdam canals, get fit schemes, a pool table, darts, fruits, snacks, and dinner options each evening those staying later than working hours.
Please apply via the link provided. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department via email@example.com.