Octagon Professionals is looking for a full-time experienced Accountant to join a small local team of a large international company. The perfect candidate should be well versed in Dutch accounting regulations and have a hands-on approach.
The post holder will report directly to CFO, work in a small team locally and coordinate with subsidiaries in different countries.
Finance & Accounting
- Lead and manage monthly and quarterly closings / reporting;
- Lead and manage year-end closings / reporting;
- Manage day to day accounting and payments;
- Monitor and control local cash-flow / cash forecast;
- Monitor and control local budget;
- Tax calculation / filing (e.g. CIT, VAT);
- Participate in regional finance group meetings (EFIN).
- Financial/corporate documents (filing supporting documents, evidences, minutes);
- Contracts (maintenance, legal check).
- Supervise Finance & Accounting department;
- Manage and supervise outsourced services (major part of business activities are outsourced to the group companies), e.g.:
- Order mgmt. services;
- SCM services;
- Financial services.
Support to CFO
- Corporate compliance
- Governance structure;
- Accounting Manual;
- J-SOx compliance;
- Financial review / audit by external auditors;
- Responsible for complying local GAAP;
- Prepare local budget with CFO;
- Support EMEA regional budget preparation;
- Prepare local cash-flow / cash forecast with CFO;
- Analyse and report regional cash forecast to CFO;
- Handle operational tasks (inter-company loans);
- Security trade control;
- Risk management.
- Highly skilled, knowledgeable & experienced with Dutch GAAP;
- Experienced overall financial closing / reporting processes and can manage by himself / herself;
- Dutch tax compliance (e.g. CIT, VAT);
- Native Dutch and fluent English;
- SAP user
- Experienced on Finance (FICO);
- Knowledge of Sales (SD);
- Knowledge of Inventory (MM);
- Open for changes / new challenges;
- Hands-on and practical person;
- Multicultural and team player (Need to liaise with group companies on daily basis);
- Experienced in team management.
Excited about the prospect of working in an international company?
Apply now and let's get in touch!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website.
Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.