The U.S. Embassy in The Hague is seeking an individual for the position of
Financial Management Analyst – full-time: 40 hours per week
Please note that we only consider applications that are submitted through the public website of the Embassy (link below). We unfortunately will not consider your application if it is not submitted through the Embassy website. Thank you for your understanding.
Position monitors one or more post-held allotments, formulates and submits the budgets to the headquarters. Provides full financial management services for the Chemical Weapon Convention Delegation (CWCDEL), Overseas Building Operations allotment (OBO), the Foreign Commercial Services (FCS) and the Foreign Agriculture Service (FAS) allotment. Incumbent provides partial services to the Funds Manager of the following non-services agencies: DHS-USSS, DHS-CBP, DHS-ICE and DHS-CSI.
Applicants applying for either JVA 16-39 (Full Performance Level) or JVA 16-39T (Trainee Level) will be considered for the position. Therefore, applicants need only apply for one of these two vacancy announcements to be considered. The job vacancy announcement JVA 16-39T at Trainee Level can be found on the public website of the Embassy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
See job vacancy announcement on the public website of the Embassy (link below)
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Degree from university, college or institution in a financial-related course of study.
2. Experience: Three years of experience in an automated accounting office (budget, accounting or other financial-related work).
3. Language: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in both English and Dutch are required.
4. Skills and Abilities: Understanding of Department of State appropriation and budget processes and related regulatory/legal provisions (Foreign Affairs Manuals and Handbooks as well as Standardized Regulations, and U.S. Appropriation Law). Understanding of supported agencies’ programs/projects and related financial management procedures. Understanding of, and ability to operate the Regional Management System “Momentum”, E2-Travel program, SMART program (cable correspondence), the ILMS program, the Real Property Application (RPA) and the Resource Allocation and Budget Integration Tools (RABIT).
5. Job Knowledge: Intermediate proficiency with personal computer software applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Must be able to advocate supported agencies’ requirements orally and in written formats (memoranda, cables, budget justifications, etc.) to their Washington headquarters. Must be able to analyze and explain supported agencies’ financial matters, problems, etc., to their managers who may not be familiar with appropriations, budget, regulatory, and other areas of financial management. Good typing skills, and ability to use calculator and personal computer. Ability to manage time effectively in order to meet goals and objectives. Good interpersonal skills. Highest level of integrity.
All of the above qualifications may be tested through an assessment as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
First: read the formal announcement on our website and please note: the formal announcement on our website prevails over this announcement when there are differences in the text.
Second: apply in English via our website by pressing the 'solliciteren' button.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you did not apply according to the above instructions. For additional information, contact the Human Resources Office at 070-310- 2235.
Closing date of the vacancy: Friday, October 14, 2016