Bedrijf: The Student Hotel Headquarters
- someone that lives and breathes hospitality
- a morning, noon and night person, which means always enthusiastic..!
- flexible to work on each time of the day
- a social person with a service focus and driven by sales
- live in/near Amsterdam
- looking for a full time internship for at least 6 months
- a student (only students are eligible!)
- International mindset, cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- great sense of responsibility
- excellent spoken and written business English
- strong interpersonal skills, that will allow to persuade others internally as well as externally
- enthusiasm for acquiring new skills and knowledge, as well as developing others
- self-starter, entrepreneurial, proactive personality
- drive to be successful
We offer you a full time conference & events internship in a awesome informal environment. Fun is key, whatever it’s in your work, with our guest or creating it happiness, we like you to go home with a smile after a day hard working. We offer a internship allowance a €400,- per month including travel expenses, free usage of the gym and discounts at all our hotels.
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a fast growing hospitality group providing students, interns, researchers, friends and family from near and far with accommodation, café-restaurants, meeting rooms, study and co-working spaces, gym, bikes and a lot more. The current portfolio includes seven locations with over 3000 rooms in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Paris and Barcelona. Projects in Groningen, Eindhoven, Maastricht, and Florence are under construction. In the next few years we will continue to open 20 locations in leading university cities in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain and Germany. The company is headquartered in Amsterdam on the top floor of our 586 room flagship hotel on the Wibautstraat.
Working at The Student Hotel means that you join an international and multidisciplinary team of highly motivated people. The Student Hotel expects full commitment of its team members and rewards this with primary and secondary benefits, an internationally acclaimed brand, plus massive opportunities for international career development and personal growth.
Are you in?
Great! Send us your CV and a short coverletter in which you tell us why you are made for this role.
Locations: TSH City and West
Are you an eager student who wants to work in a exciting conference & events department? Can you make copies, pick-up the phone and create a quote at the same time? Can you bring structure and creativity together in a function sheet? Then we are not looking for you, we want you!
You're the left and right hand of the banqueting coordinator and you are overseeing the different agenda’s and calendars to make it one. A responsible internship with enough challenges to learn and grow in the banqueting business.
Your main tasks:
- Creating quotes
- Creating function sheets to brief the other departments
- Contact person for our classroom clients during their visit
- Preparing the bill at the end of guest visit
- Take care of the guest happiness by giving service and support
- Check classrooms upfront a event/booking
- Secretary business like receiving calls, making copies for the guest etc.
- Active promotion of in-house sales through optimal knowledge of all the service and facilities within the hotel