About the position of Senior Backend Engineer
At the headquarters of the Bijenkorf, our e-commerce department, is our youngest and fastest growing department. A passionate and diverse group of 200 people work together on the continuous growth and development of our digital platform.
Our e-commerce department consists of 6 cross functional value stream teams (e.g., Checkout, Customer Data & Loyalty), one mobile applications team and a SRE team.
Our department handles the delivery of omni-channel projects and the support of various internal departments. Our projects include (but are not limited to) the development of our e-commerce platform, mobile applications, CMS, various content channels, multichannel applications.
Because of the rapid growth of our business and our ambitious goals, we are looking for Senior Backend Engineers.What will you do?
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be part of one of our cross-functional agile development teams at the head office located in Amsterdam.
Who are you?
For De Bijenkorf e-commerce department, a senior engineer is someone who has these.
Skills & experiences:
- Experience with Kotlin/Java and Spring Boot;
- Experience with microservices and accordingly with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with distributed systems and accordingly with Kafka;
- Experience with GCP or other public cloud services;
- Experience with CI/CD and IaC;
- Experience with modern software development methods such as TDD;
- Deep understanding of Agile & Scrum Methodologies;
- Experience with high scale, customer facing applications;
- Preferably 7+ years of experience;
- Experience in the e-commerce platforms is a plus;
- An affinity with retail and/or fashion is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- A proactive, pragmatic, and full ownership mindset;
- A customer-oriented approach;
- Willingness to learn and improve continuously;
- Last but not least, willingness for helping team members growth actively.
- Total compensation package up to €96K (including bonuses);
- Private pension contributions;
- Collective health insurance discount;
- Training and vitality budget;
- 30 vacation days;
- 20% discount on your purchases from De Bijenkorf;
- Work from home policy;
- A MacBook Pro and a mobile phone with subscription;
- A remarkably diverse (about 50% - 50% ratio) and international team with people from around 20 different countries;
- A fantastic opportunity for developing yourself in a fast-paced environment with a great culture and talented colleagues.
Our interview process consists of multiple steps:
- Initial call with HR (15 mins);
- Meet & Greet with the hiring manager;
- A take home coding assignment;
- Review of the coding assignment and technical interview with engineers;
- An online personality & capacity test;
- Meeting with the team;
- Offer by HR.