In our Enterprise Data Lake-program, or EDL for short, we strive towards high performant and self-managing DevOps teams to build and maintain the lake. The program is carried out by 6 core teams, with each having a distinct focus. Our team members take on responsibility and are willing to grow together. As the EDL is key to Rabobank’s future, we are looking for a data engineer as an addition to our Data Consumer team.
Data Consumer team:
We are Rabobank's Enterprise Data Lake squad for Data Consumers: team Mercury. With our sister teams for Data Producers, Data Governance, Data Storage, Service & Support we enable teams and applications across the Rabobank to work with data. Our team has dedicated focus towards consumption of data and therewith contributes directly to the purpose of our Tribe Data & Analytics to 'create value out of data, at scale!’. Our team’s goal is to provide the customers on our platform a smooth user experience through automation and enabling self-service. To improve our services for our data consumers we are now investigating the advantages and possibilities of synthetic data especially for the creation of test data. We will first to a proof of concept where we will experiment with one vendor product that will be deployed as a docker image on our Azure environment. Based on a list of proof points we will validate the usability of this product within our Enterprise Data Lake.
- You have worked with developing and maintaining containerized solutions and have experience with Kubernetes
- You are familiar with docker images.
Beneficial skills include:
- You have experience with synthetic data and/or test data generation.
- You know how to define requirements and proof points for the execution of a proof of concept and are also able to document the results.
Bonus if you:
- You've worked with Azure, provisioning resources using ARM templates, Bicep, PowerShell or the Azure CLI.
- You have experience working with pipelines-as-code and infra-as-code as well as with Azure DevOps.
- You’re reasonably skilled using Python programming language
- Worked as a data engineer or dev ops engineer developing platform services OR worked as an application developer developing integrating services.
- You have an eye for detail and a drive to continuously improve upon existing code bases.
- You can handle tasks individually, but value peer reviews and input by fellow developers.
- You have an agile mindset & keep an eye out for any possible improvements in team processes.
- If you don’t like your day-to-day tasks, you start automating them.
- You easily communicate with stakeholders from different categories: solution architects, security professionals and members of the Airflow user base within the organization.
What we offer:
- State of the art solutions for you to work on. We design, develop, manage and operate our own platform.
- A team dedicated towards providing excellent technical performance. Help us achieve even higher availability and performance for hundreds of consuming developer teams.
- We provide an environment where you can experiment, prototype, develop and automate as much as you like – as long as it delivers business value.
- High degree of independence as a team.
- Many valuable resources for you to develop your skills. Think: a dedicated Microsoft learning platform and free exam vouchers.
Salary & Benefits
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 9; Between € 4.000 and €6.000 based on a 40hrs working week.
- A guarantee (13) thirteenth month and holiday pay (8%);
- An Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- €40 Net internet allowance
- Working from home allowance (Net)
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank and make a difference to yourself, our customers and the society? We look forward receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht. (Hybrid) #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Remote
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy. Cv’s sent directly to my e-mail or via LinkedIn messages will be delete it according to GDPR guidelines.
- Senior Recruiter Jonathan Moreno Gonzalez: Jonathan.Moreno.Gonzalez@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!