The Director of Credit leads the DAF Credit team, existing of over 20 people. This Credit team manages risk within guidelines while supporting DAF Truck NV’s global sales of trucks, parts and services.
The Director of Credit shows leadership in continuous improvements of the team’s performance, being responsible timely and sound credit decisions within delegated authorities, accommodating PACCAR sales while ensuring a clear path to payment, and minimizing past dues and credit losses.
A Continuous Improvement mindset is an integral part of daily activities, as is collaboration with the PACCAR Financial Europe Credit team is required. The role has three direct reports. The role includes frequent traveling, approx. 20% of your time, mostly in Europe.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for credit risk management in DAF Truck NV’s global sales of trucks, parts and services.
- Lead creditworthiness assessments of the DAF Dealer network and Direct Sales customers, initiating appropriate actions where needed.
- Lead the timely collection of receivables.
- Lead the reporting team, ensuring timely and quality reports.
- Take sound credit decisions within assigned credit authority in a timely manner.
- Act as a business partner, while delivering balanced and reasoned assertiveness to internal and external stakeholders.
- Interact with dealers and customers as required, which may include travel.
- A Master’s degree in Business Economics, Finance or related field.
- Fluent English in writing and verbal communication.
- Profound understanding of Risk Management.
- 5-10 years of experience in Credit or Accounting, preferably in a manufacturing oriented- or dealer network environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills, hands-on and willing to travel.
- Strong Excel skills is an advantage.
The DAF Credit department is an integral part of the DAF business and its sales process. It supports sales activities through an international team by underwriting credit facilities for all DAF dealers and customers and securing a Clear path to Payment. Credit approval is required for all trucks produced or parts shipped. The DAF Credit department is also responsible for the timely collection of receivables from the DAF portfolio and risk management related reporting.Wij bieden
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour work week
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours)
- A retirement plan and group health insurance
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses