As a Sr. Software Engineer, you translate customer requirements and processes into a technical specification and build the solution, based on the latest technologies.
You will work as lead developer closely with Architects, other Software Engineers, Information Analysts and Technical Application Managers in an Agile Scrum environment, in the product development / vehicle software systems business area.
- For this challenging job we are looking for candidates who earned their degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or similar
- You are acquainted with the software development process and have proven experience (>10 years) with software development
- Proven experience (>3 years) in a lead developer role
- You are an agile learner, actively looking for feedback and also able to work independently.
- You are skilled in C#, .NET, .NET Core and REST API’s / web services
- You are familiar with the SOLID design principles and always eager to improve your technical skill set
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, verbal and written
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems in Europe for both internal and external users of DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe, more than 250 IT professionals are employed.
The PACCAR IT Europe Delivery Center is responsible for application development, maintenance and support on both IBM Mainframe and Microsoft based systems. The applications cover all major business areas of DAF Trucks: Purchasing, Product Development, Truck Sales, Production, Logistics, Parts, After Sales and Finance. Examples of applications are:
- 3D DAF Truck Configurator
- The ITS (International Truck Service) application supporting the 24/7 call center of DAF ITS by the handling of road side assistance requests throughout Europa.
- The European Parts System supports all PACCAR Parts dealers with ordering, invoices and return programs and the Parts Distribution Centers with order handling and delivery.
- The custom DAF application that securely transfers software and calibration settings into the embedded controllers in our trucks.
- The back-end systems that enable our Diagnostic Tools to perform diagnosis and software updates on trucks in both the manufacturing and aftermarket environment.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.