What will you do?
As the Data Governance Officer you will be responsible for the planning, controlling and coordination of all Data Governance activities TenneT-wide, execution of interdepartmental tasks and solving of Data Governance issues at the operational level. Since our DTC department is located in Germany and the Netherlands you will be active in an international corporate team and your role will cover both countries.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- developing the Data Governance Organization and its activities (data strategies, standards and guidelines, establish data quality management, measurements);
- overarching planning, steering and controlling of all ongoing Data Governance activities including consultation of and coordination between projects;
- managing two Data Governance Specialists, moderation of data committee/SPOC meetings and developing them as professionals;
- actively working across departments to identify project triggers and data management initiatives;
- scope and prioritize projects to ensure an appropriate level of Data Governance around activities;
- monitor IT implementation projects including the creation of Project Mandates, Projects Briefs and Project Initiation Documents;
- Communication of changes to the organization, creating workflows and change management.
- A Master Degree in a related area, like Business, Marketing or Economics;
- significant professional experience in the field of data management, modelling and analysis;
- deep knowledge of the energy market - experience related to transmission systems is a plus;
- with you comes a broad network within the energy industry;
- demonstrable team leadership experience;
- project management experience, including planning and budgeting;
- excellent English communication skills in both writing and speaking, full understanding of the Dutch and/or German language is a plus;
- position will be based in Arnhem (NL) or Bayreuth (DE) and will include frequent travelling;
Do you wanna work with a company who is recognised as the front runner in the new energy landscape, equipped with cutting-edge technology and are you skilled to fully exploit the possibilities of data and analytics?
TenneT is Europe's first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. With safety being one of our core values we set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
Corporate Digital Transformation
The energy sector is facing a major transition with the large penetration of decentral and intermittent renewable energy supply, the withdrawal of conventional power plants and the electrification of transport and heating. To maintain security of supply and affordability in the transition, an optimal dispatch of a large number of sources and types of supply, demand and storage is required. To manage this increasingly complex system, the sector needs to embrace new sources of data and analytical tools. As a neutral and trusted system operator, TenneT facilitates the energy transition whilst maintaining system stability and affordability for consumers and society, by playing a central data orchestrator role. Our department DTC leads TenneT through the digitized energy transition. We are recognised as the front runner in the new energy landscape, equipped with cutting-edge technology and skills to fully exploit the possibilities that data and analytics provide.