Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, a strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can make the difference by using machine learning to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing business challenges, please read on.
We are incredibly excited about Data Analytics and the great potential for progress and innovation. We believe that analytics is a key differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalized” services to our customers. We wish to improve our operational processes and create new and innovative data driven products that go beyond traditional banking, such as the platform models. Achieving this vision will require us to build and expand on our analytics effort and organize ourselves around focused value buckets with strong coordination across the different parts of the organization.
ING Analytics is a new unit responsible for realizing this vision for ING, differentiating ING as a leader in data-driven organization, within the banking sector and beyond. The team consists of a number of global Analytics Center of Excellences around the bank’s key capabilities (such as Pricing, Risk Management, Financial Crime, Customer Interactions, etc.) as well as strong coordination areas around data management, technology, customer journey, and external partnerships.
The Analytics Operations team is one of the five core teams within ING Analytics. It is responsible for working with the data science, data engineering and machine learning chapters to define how Analytics
actively steer the analytics backlog, participate in trade-off and prioritization discussions, also support some projects with project management, legal and compliance aspects.
What you’ll do
As Head of Global Operations for Analytics you are a key member of the global analytics team and you play a key role in enabling our data driven organization.
Your responsibilities include:
- Formulate a vision and strategy for the Analytics Operations and translate it into objectives and develop and executing roadmaps, improving delivery and time to market
- Help lead the data-driven transformation at ING, while other major organizational changes are happening in other domains of the bank (new operating model, new IT platforms, agile way of working etc.)
- As a member of the global analytics MT participate in decisions for global analytics strategy including the talent, data, tooling and partnerships
- Lead the chapters for data science, data engineering and machine learning
- Lead the craftsmanship for Analytics at ING. Work closely with the chapter leads to define requirements and way of working with respect to techniques, methodologies, tooling and platforms
- Take a leadership role in recruiting, developing and retaining the world class analytical resources for ING
- Work closely with the Analytics Academy to identify the requirements for trainings and build on the university partnerships
- Represent ING and the Analytics domain in both internal and external interactions, including collaboration with third parties including tech sprints / hackathons, vendor selection, collaboration with research centers
- Provide leadership and guidance in the definition and implementation of model governance across the different teams
- Build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders to support implementation and ensure delivery of all use cases and projects. Review project / use case development and delivery progress
- Resolve, mitigate or escalate risks, problems and significant changes
- Always thinking a step ahead and never satisfied with the status quo
- Enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a talent for taking it on and making it happen
- You embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment
- You are comfortable with change and a self-starter
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals
- Have excellent analytical skills and sound judgment and have the ability to see the overall picture
- You are assertive to challenge management and recommend improvements; having the ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- You are comfortable in building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- You have a Pro-active and can-do attitude (self-steering)
- You react in a timely and effective manner (flexible) to unforeseen complications / requests while keeping positive attitude. Result / deliverables driven by being able to set the right priorities
How to succeed
- Master, Strong affinity with Analytics, Data and Tech
- At least 15 years of experience in a leading transformational change initiatives in technology in a complex organization
- Knowledge about the latest developments in the analytics community (methods and tools)
- Knowledge of existing and emerging analytics technology/open source technologies
- Affinity with strategic programs in general and/or Accelerating Think-Forward
- Proven track record of stakeholder management with senior Executives of organizations of various sizes
- Excellent communication- and influencing skills
- Demonstrated track record of getting things done in a complex environment
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and structures
- Cultural- and organizational sensitivity
- Global working experience
- An entrepreneurial mind set
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to learn: open to feedback, develops on the technical and the interpersonal level
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!