As an Infrastructure and Reliability Engineer you will architect, implement, and support our client's solutions across Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform-based application infrastructure. Our client's company is built entirely on the cloud, and they are looking for a motivated individual to help them succeed in leveraging the cloud to its fullest.
What You’ll Do:• Participate in a rotation of 75% infrastructure software development and 25% operations. A portion of the operations rotation will consist of being on-call.
• Architect, implement, and support infrastructure tooling and services in AWS.• Develop standards and procedures to maintain consistent practices for administration of production applications and systems.• Collaborate and consult with development teams and support engineers to resolve critical issues and assist in design decisions regarding cloud technologies and best practices.
• Work with cloud vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution, and design issues.• Monitor, maintain, and enhance diverse systems to ensure optimal performance and availability of cloud infrastructure and applications.• Be exposed to an exciting variety of languages, operating systems, virtualization and cloud technologies, system and design architectures, networking infrastructure, big data and most of the other cutting edge buzzwords. Did we mention containers?
• 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Ability to quickly triage problems, identify root causes, and drive issue resolution
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• Knowledge of Docker
• Excellent level of English, written and spoken
• Valid working permit for the Netherlands
• Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, Kinesis, ECS, Cloud Formation
• Knowledge of git, and chef
• Experience with systems performance tuning and load testing
• The ideal candidate has 5-8 years of relevant work experience
Our client is a quickly growing, US based SaaS company, with an office in the heart of Amsterdam.