The Molecular Bioassay group is part of the Analytical Development (AD) group and is responsible for developing methods that are employed to analyze and characterize virus based vaccines. Product analysis includes tests for quantity, potency, purity, and identity, but also detailed structural characterization of vaccines. The Analytical Development group, which is part of the pharmaceutical and analytical department, has a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities quality unit and process development. In addition, the AD department supports other departments (formulation, USP and DSP development) by routine sample analysis.
Within AD, the scientist will be working in the molecular and bioassay (MBA) group, which is responsible for the development of new bioassays in order to characterize virus based vaccines.
The scientist independently hypothesizes, designs and reports assay development or optimization activities with hands-on involvement
For this position we are recruiting laboratory professionals with the following background:
- WO/PhD in biological/medical sciences and experienced in immunology and/or oncology
- At least 2 years of industrial experience is mandatory
- Or BSC degrie with 10+years of experience
- Hands on experience ELISA, (q)PCR and cell-culture-based assay systems &virusassay .
- Communicative skills, fluent in English
- Valid dutch work permit
- Management skills to supervise and guide a small team of technicians
- Trained in GLP, GCLP or GMP is an advantage, but training is provided in house
Our client is an international biotechnology company with offices in Europe, Asia and America. This company focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines
Within this company dominates a driven, dynamic culture. The people who work there are talented and enterprising and have a natural desire to develop and improve themselves.