You are an experienced engineer with proven leadership experience, who sees the opportunity in each challenge. You will be responsible for all engineering activities with respect to maintenance-, reliability-, project-, and process engineering disciplines. With your team, you ensure that the production equipment operates safely, reliable and cost effectively and meets the objectives set by the overall business plan. You are a strong leader with good communication skills who is able to motivate the new engineering team to become one team. You can manage your team to 80-20 decisions and create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Implementation and acceptance of best practices in the area of safety and compliance to support the safety culture;
- Monitoring the refinery’s process or equipment activities/performance;
- Ensure high integrity for safety, compliance and reliability;
- Ensure all hazard analysis on modifications are executed against right standards;
- Safe, efficient and effective execution of plant related projects and change proposals;
- Setting and monitoring the performance of technical developments, plant integrity and reliability, projects and change proposals execution, quality of hazard studies, cost control of investments;
- Ensuring that risk management principles are met;
- Develop people and enables their results;
- Lead performance by continuous dialogue and development. Link targets and KPIs to function strategy and business needs;
- Develop and implement a variety of operating principles and procedures (in conjunction with subject matter experts) to ensure that the engineering and maintenance area meets its current and future production targets and quality standards.
- You have a Master degree in Mechanical-, or Chemical Engineering or Chemical Technique;
- You have 7+ years’ experience, and worked the last years in line management;
- Hands-on experience in the Oil & Gas, or Chemical Industry;
- Basic engineering experience;
- You are a person that shows, System & Analytical thinking, and has good cultural awareness;
- You are a people manager, who is able to delegate to his team and empower his people;
- Change is something that will be a constant factor and you are able to lead change;
- You are a good communicator and are able to oversee details, but not directly want to be involved in details yourself;
- You are fluent in Dutch as English, both speaking and writing.
BENK PROJECTS is partner in projects within the industrial, building and infrastructural industry. We work with a core group of specialists, supplemented with a flexible layer of interim and independent professionals, on various challenging projects. These projects are carried out on fixed price contracts, result based capacity management and temporary project support.
It is important for us to work together in a personal and equal way, in which integrity and ethics are major aspects. BENK PROJECTS pays great attention to its organisation and is able to achieve the high standards which is needed to make projects a success through proper guidance, training and education.