Location for this vacancy: Amsterdam, Amersfoort, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Brussels, Cologne, Darmstadt or Paris.
Due to growth of our business in the European Mission Critical Sector, a new position is introduced for a European Lead in a Senior Engineering Consultant Mission Critical role. The area of engagement will be on specialist engineering services for Data Centre infrastructure capital investment projects. The key objective of the role is to provide inspired leadership to the Arcadis’ MC team as well as our clients and strategically develop Arcadis’ international business in Data Centre Engineering.
The key areas of the position are leading a connected international Arcadis Data Centre Engineering team working across Europe, successfully acquire and deliver projects / project portfolios for Data Centre clients and build long-term relationships with the clients and delivery partners.
The work/project environment is complex and challenging with respect to technical requirements, stakeholders, and geographical particularities.
- Participate in Arcadis’ commercial activities ensuring thought leadership in Data Centre Engineering inspires the output;
- Strategically develop new and expand existing relationships with Arcadis’ key clients and reliably ensure high quality service on Data Centre (mission critical) projects;
- Provide industry expertise in electrical design.
Leadership, teamwork and knowledge transfer
- Lead interdisciplinary teams to successfully deliver highly complex Data Centre Engineering projects based on time, budget and quality criteria;
- Develop people within the skill pool, brief and coach project teams with respect to client requirements and project objectives; Assess the quality and completeness of the output of project delivery teams, and establish corrective measures;
- Strategically develop your visibility in the Data Centre Engineering industry with proof points such as publications and speeches at conferences recognized by the industry.
- Define, initiate and organize projects in the data centre environment; Develop and coordinate relevant teams during the design process, including full reporting and involvement to the end client;
- Ensure sustained client satisfaction and financial viability over the total project lifetime through preparation, design and implementation and appropriate risk management;
Select appropriate partners for successful project delivery, allocate and secure external and internal service resources.
The role reports to the European Leader Performance Driven Design with dotted lines to the Subregional Business Line Buildings Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with expertise in the field of Power;
- Preferably Registered Professional Engineer;
- A minimum of 15 years’ professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years in design of data centres as Senior Consultant;
- Industry certifications is preferred but not required (such as ATD, BREEAM).
- Extensive (15+ years) expertise and experience in Data Centre Engineering, implementing large scale Data Centres;
- Ability to design and implement renovations for mission critical infrastructure;
- Understanding of commissioning and relationship between design and third party commissioning activates;
- Demonstrate expertise and successful leadership in all components of Data Centre Engineering services described above with proven track record;
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in concept and communicate with key clients;
- Ability to lead teams to successfully fulfill their goals, take on additional responsibilities, and develop their expertise as a professional;
- Experience in the implementation of certified Data Centres (Uptime Institute Tier III/IV);
- Experience of auditing Data Centres against a given standard;
- Develop concept reports and evaluate system options for strategic deployment of data centre power infrastructure;
- Understanding of Power systems for medium voltage to low voltage;
- Understanding of UPS systems, Generators and associated data centre infrastructure distribution.
Further requirements and/or competencies
- Ability to work effectively with team members, management, and other areas, specifically in a service context;
- Excellent problem solving, prioritizing and decision making skills in Data Centre / IT environment;
- Excellent in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in French and/or German is an important added benefit;
- Ability to engage in regular international travel assignments;
- Enthusiastic about engaging multinational, multicultural teams, with an understanding and respect for each individual;
- Flexible and able to work in a rapidly moving and highly demanding environment;
- Good fit with the Arcadis’ leadership model.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3 billion in annual revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. www.arcadis.com.
Within the Arcadis organization our Data Centre / Mission Critical Group operates across the globe. The wider organization allows us to tap into other experts’ knowledge, whatever challenges occur – like site remediation necessity, to name but one example – and address them.
Our dedicated Data Centre Team has utilized its expertise in developing and executing successful strategies including:
- Investment and funding
- Site identification
- Technical asset portfolio rationalization
- Lease transactions
- Design, deployment and process controls
- Operational readiness and handover
- Asset performance and operation
- Energy management
We work with our clients from across the Mission Critical (MC) Sectors and are able to leverage our knowledge and insight gained to deliver best practice and innovation. Arcadis is committed to providing a ‘solutions based’ approach and not a ‘resource based’ approach, we are able to introduce additional resource from our service line teams, or introduce specialist resource from other parts of the business should this be required to meet the needs of our projects.
Our current key European Mission Critical teams are located in Belgium, the Netherlands and United Kingdom, with colleagues in Germany and France. Further, we have expert groups active in the United States and Asia-Pacific.
Due to growth of the European Mission Critical Team we have a new position available for a dedicated and motivated European Team Leader Data Centre Engineering.