As a TFC Project Lead you will together with you project team members, translate consumer-, business- and functional requirements into next generation shaving products! You will supervise a team of development engineers on Function and Product development from Value proposition, concept to function proven, where you will be the technical counterpart for our internal consumer marketing managers, our industrial designers, our manufacturing engineers and possible suppliers in Eastern Europe or in the Far East. The projects are demanding for great results.
You will steer a multidisciplinary project team (amongst product developers, function developers, product researchers, new product industrialization engineers, quality engineers) as the project lead. You are responsible for:
• Translating the consumer, commercial, functional and design requirements into the project scope, project-planning, -time, -quality criteria;
• Creation of the required development logic with the development team and manage the cross functional aspects as a project leader;
• Translating the commercial, functional and design requirements into the project plan, -time, -quality criteria;
• Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approach to a higher level (according to DfSS methodology);
• Ensuring your T&FC' projects are resourced to win (aligned capacity with the right competence’s), building a winning team out of the group of project members;
• Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of technical, consumer, marketing and design team members to enable strategic decisions on progress and content;
• Supervising the output of the technical development engineering team on Function and Product development from Value proposition to Function proven;
• Developing and optimizing functionality, performance, quality, reliability, cost price and manufacturability of products;
• Delivering the right level of burden of proof for robustness and durability for components, modules and products;
• Actively mapping and managing all stakeholders within the organization, working according a tailor-made communication plan to manage and generate therewith the right boundary conditions for his project;
• Reporting the project results and risks to all stakeholders in the right way, presenting at TFC Review for project progress, pre-consolidations and at TFC ComCell for weekly status updates;
• Quality: Safeguarding the requested functionality, performance, quality, reliability, cost price and manufacturability of functions/product;
• Budget: Ensuring project cost in line with RoFo and AOP;
You will be part of the TFC PMO Group, which consists of ~10 young, enthusiastic TFC Project leads within the Innovation Team Shaving, which is located in Drachten. We are responsible for developing new innovations to the market for all Function and Technology projects related to shavers and shaver accessories. There is a high variety in project size and complexity (5 – 50 FTE / 400k – 2,5M / 1y – 5y), where depending on experience, fit and interest projects are allocated over T&FC PL’s . You will report to the TFC PMO Grouplead.
We are looking for
To be successful as a TFC Project Lead, you need to have/are:
• Bachelor / Master Degree in Technical study (Electronics, Mechanical Engineering), leading T&FC projects successfully requires a strong content-wise background and experience;
• Knowledge of the development/design of mechanical/electronics/software of products and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects.
• You have experience in managing (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
• Strong Project management skills preferably passed on the PMI PMBOK, chosen as platform for Philips Project Management Excellence community
• Ambitious Leader, a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills
• Development according to Design for Six sigma; Consumer focused development, steering on fact-based, knowledge driven decision making
• Strong preference for minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of (consumer) product development or predevelopment
• Familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques
• Show drive and quality focused.
• The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
• Ability to work in an international environment.