Are you an experienced (Team) Lead, Coordinator or Senior Engineer in Steel Outfitting for the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to take that next step and work for a big innovative player in the top of the shipbuilding industry? Are you the Lead Engineer Steel Outfitting that elevates the quality of a project? Then apply before 01-11-2016!
As a Lead Engineer Steel Outfitting you will be working at the Shipbuilding Engineering Department of an innovative leader in the shipbuilding industry. You will act as a focal point for subcontractors and assure that the quality and deadline of the delivered work is met. When needed you will check, solve and document bottlenecks.
Furthermore, the Lead Engineer Steel Outfitting has the following tasks:
- Define and clarify documents & procedures to be followed by the subcontractors;
- Supervise engineering subcontractors, coordinating & checking 3D Hull models;
- Supervise all performed work to meet the project schedule;
- Quality control; compliance of documentation with the set standards;
- Communicate with other departments and 3rd parties;
- Produce Progress Reports.
As a Lead Engineer Steel Outfitting you meet the following requirements:
- BSc. in Naval Architecture or equivalent;
- 8+ yrs. exp. as a (Team) Lead, Senior or Coordinator Engineer within the Shipbuilding or Yacht building industry;
- Experience in creative exterior steel constructions design (such as Ladders, railings, stairs etc.) with excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Ability to interface between departments, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to take firm decision and protect the company’s best interests;
- Commercial/financial aware attitude;
- Knowledge of CAD systems such as Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Excellent in English, both spoken & written;
- Willing to travel occasionally.
Depending on professional and personal situation, we offer Lead Engineer Steel Outfitting a suitable benefits package, We would like to explain this in a personal conversation