Bedrijf: Conscious Hotels
- Peoples person and team player
- Organizational talent
- Strong communication skills/connecting
- Eye for detail
- Sense of Humor
- Extravert (outgoing personality)
- Flexible (not necessarily good at yoga though)
- Ability to delegate
- Passionate and ambitious
- You establish an optimal communication between your department, the back office and front of house, Housekeeping and Food & Beverage department
- Conducting periodic inspections of equipment and preventive maintenance in kitchen, bedrooms, bar, lobby, garden, offices, pool, air grilles, water systems, legionella, heating. (Maintenance of lifts, air conditioning, cooling, sprinkler system, etc.)
- Implementing an effective preventive maintenance program for all areas
- Ensuring the smooth function of the department’s administration and maintenance of an efficient filing system
- Overseeing complete and supported records of Repairs, Maintenance and Energy Management for the hotels
- Ensuring a perfect functional condition of all alarm systems and fire prevention as well as firefighting equipment
- Coordinating the management of the hotel’s technicians and support them with (outsourced) AC, AV, carpentry, electrical, painting and or other projects
- Together with our external Housekeeping Supervisor and linen supplier you make sure that our linen stock is always at a sufficient level
- Co-selecting of new employees
- Making sure that your employees are instructed and (get) educated
- Making rosters, manage, motivate and coach the technicians
- Motivate and challenge your team to be creative, innovative and appreciate them for their contribution of a successful operation
- Ensuring constant feedback and regular meetings with your team
- Cooperate in the execution; works along at the workplace to give the right example and providing training on the job
- Having reviews, appraisals and monthly conversations with the team
- Checking and processing worked hours (not every hour…)
- You are part of the operational management team and will participate in duty shifts
- Detecting of and proposing improvements within your department
- Taking over the Green Key coordination and work together with a team towards new innovations and great control of the established Green Key standards
- At least 2 years’ experience with managing a service oriented team
- Quality oriented
- Service oriented; hospitality and being a host comes natural
- Innovative and creative
- Knows how to connect with people
- Works good in a team
- Stress resistant
- Decisive, creative and responsible
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent in Dutch and English. Apple, egg.
- Experience with technical services, housekeeping and security is an advantage
- No 9 to 5 mentality and willing to work on weekends and public holidays
- Have fun!
Jack- of- all- trades, or, in plain Dutch: schaap met 7 poten
End of 2016 Conscious Hotels will open her 3rd hotel in Amsterdam, besides the Conscious Hotel Vondelpark and Museum Square. For these three locations, we are looking for a Technical Services Manager, a real Jack-of-all-trades. The opening of the 4th hotel is planned for the beginning of 2018, on the Westergasfabriek grounds.
So, there are a lot of changes and plans that need to be set-up, organized, handled and panned out. Besides that, the current operations need to perform as well as they are now and the team needs to be/stay happy.
At Conscious Hotels, we like to do things a bit different and take a side-step from the traditional hotel structure. As a real Jack-of-trades you find it easy to combine overseeing the engineering department, connecting with the outsourced housekeeping colleagues as well as managing – and training! - the safety & security of all guests, employees and the building(s) itself.
As our Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for the technical supervision of the engineering of the existing and new hotels from the contract phase up to delivery. You will take over control from the Project Team, who has been responsible for the hotels while under construction.
With your knowledge about all technical aspects of all equipment and installations, you coordinate the technical work of the Engineering Department, assess the results and coordinate also the technical specifications for the purchase of needed materials. You make sure we do even more about waste and cost control because of your stocktake system and other great ideas.
Because of you, the hotel will run without any maintenance or security issues and is in full compliance with safety regulations, supplying services as required to the entire operation, and maintaining equipment, building, and grounds in optimum condition
The technicians are encouraged and inspired by you personally. They learn something every day and are able to continue to grow. You guard our open culture, create fun at the workplace and makes sure our employees are involved within an educational work environment. Because happy, engaged and empowered employees make happy guests!
You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to engage in physical work and you have a natural feel for service. You look after the progress of the department goals/ targets; take care of the execution of your staff management and for adequate manning on all three locations. Additionally, you make sure that the facility day-to-day business runs smoothly. Rosters/schedules and time registrations are accurate and colleagues are informed about what’s going on within the hotels.
The outsourced Housekeeping colleagues find in you a good partner. Together you guard the freshness or our linen and the cleanliness of the rooms and ensure clean public areas. You maintain good contact with outside contractors/vendors and establishes a good relationship with them for any (preventive) maintenance.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an empowered, self-motivated individual to really take ownership of their part in a pre-opening and grow the hotel to its full potential.