As the Project Engineer Industrialization, you are in the lead for execution and release of new product introductions in the supply chain & manufacturing (design transfer and manufacturing transfer) with minimal disruption of actual production. Leading, and cooperating with, an Operations project team including engineering, purchasing, logistics and manufacturing to execute the activities below:
- Representing Operations in the Project Core team and acting as Single Point of Contact between Operations and the Development Project team
- Identify and Drive manufacturing/engineering/value chain improvements during product development projects (including pre development) & transfer projects and drive product improvements with regard to cost, quality and failure rate, implementing Design for X (manufacturing, supply chain, etc.) principles
- Pro-actively participating in the design process of new Medical Devices by reviewing designs and proposing improvements to improve manufacturability
- Identify the impact of new products on the current supply chain architecture in order to develop the required architecture and solutions, initiate the deployment and define guidelines for implementation. Cooperate with stakeholders to define the supply chain of new products with optimal landed costs
- Drive make/buy decisions and be involved in supplier selection process
- Drives the quality of purchased parts by facilitating review of design, verification and process control evidence provided by suppliers;
- Coordinates supply chain release of new parts
- Design and set up manufacturing processes for new products
- Specify, co-develop and release the required (test) equipment
- Control budget control for new tools/equipment both internally and at suppliers
- Coordinating and executing (with the Unit Engineer) Process Qualification or Validation of new manufacturing process and the applied (test) equipment according to the documented test plan
- Minimize and control risks of new products during transfer to the supply chain and production (e.g. Process FMEAs, Project Risk Management, Process validation, ARBO risk Assessments, etc.)
- Manage project assets and obsolete project inventories and left-over’s
- A Professional with a Bachelor/Master degree in either Mechanics/Electronics (preferred) or in a different technical field (e.g. Industrial Engineering and Management)
- Someone with both strong conceptual thinking capabilities (Translate Global Design to supply chain and production impact) AND technical hands-on mentality
- Who has experience in process FMEA’s, design reviews, Six Sigma and Production process design and a solid understanding of Logistics/Supply Chain
- Furthermore, you have strong technical writing skills, good documentation practices and project- and stakeholder managements skills
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Philips Personal Health is one of the market-driven sectors within Royal Philips Electronics, delivering lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create meaningful innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions. The growing Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas to the global market. The group Function Development and Architecture matches the consumer needs to technical solutions. It spans the whole range from first ideas, proof of principles to product implementation and transfer to production.
You will be part of the Global Operations IGT Systems team of Philips Healthtech. Philips Healthcare develops, manufactures, installs and sells devices, systems, and services for medical applications. The main costumers are hospitals and medical specialists. Within Healthtech, the Business Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems delivers medical systems that are based on the usage of X-radiation.
Global Operations IGT Systems is responsible for the integral manufacturing process, people, processes, tools and the performance of production execution within the IGT Systems supply chain, with the purpose to establish faster, better and cheaper realization processes in order to achieve world class results. This pursuit is to align the commercial demand and the realization possibilities of the production and supply possibilities of suppliers in the most optimal way possible, in order to contribute to the profit maximization of the Business IGT Systems. The necessary (composed) parts are partly manufactured in the own factory and partly outsourced to qualified suppliers.